Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Parkys People wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 16:33 I'm just tucking into a slice of humble pie as I speak.
The two players who have left for Scotland have joined sides in tiers 2 and 4. McGinty will be full-time in a division that is mainly full-time but some part-time sides (sound familiar?) and Balatoni will be in a totally part-time league (and training to be a financial adviser as his main job).
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Parkys People wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 16:19
Rennes are top flight in France.

There is no chance a top flight club, anywhere in the world, will be signing a Torquay United player in his mid 20's.
If he's re-joined Rennes it would be for their B-team I suspect. He's played there before, and they play in the fourth tier of French football.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Gulliball wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 17:57 The two players who have left for Scotland have joined sides in tiers 2 and 4. McGinty will be full-time in a division that is mainly full-time but some part-time sides (sound familiar?) and Balatoni will be in a totally part-time league (and training to be a financial adviser as his main job).
I was thinking Ryan Bowman. But he had a stint at Gateshead before joining Motherwell. I'll stop eating that humble pie
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Squad beginning to take shape & the manager is very pleased with his acquisitions, good to hear targets have been identified & we've actually been able to nail down these preferences.
Hopefully well have a very competitive team next season , the signs so far are encouraging.
Well done GO.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Steady on - The Nico Loving band of campers will take exception to this sort of thing.................................
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Do you have to be one or the other Brucie?

I personally thought Nicholson deserved the sack but should have happned at the end of the season and not after he had the whole pre season to bring his players in and spunk the budget. Owers then had enough time to turn things around but seemed to sign then a discard a player every week to offer no structure, stability or firm game plan.

I like many others want to be proved wrong on Owers and but certainly dont think he deserves a "Well done" on signings that have yet to show their worth for football club. Signing players is his minimal requirement as manager of any football club. His praise will be deserved if he creates and close knit team who play with purpose and desire to succeed, on previous experience I have my concerns as to whether he can enthuse a group of individuals to become a team.

It seems on here on if you hate Owers you have to love Nicholson and vice versa and I genuinely confused which side I should be on, is being disappointed with both acceptable to you?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Didn't take long.........
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

So that makes me in the Nicholson camp? You either love Owers and all he does or your must pledge allegiance to King Nicho?!?

Odd rules you have Brucie but I respect them and will get his little bold head tattoo'd on my chest so I can show I belong.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am convinced Brucie ----------

that you are simply a complete and utter wind up merchant. No one could truly believe in any manager like you do with Owers without ever having met the guy or that each and every player he signs is destined to be perfect gold dust for next season. You either have a problem or are just doing it for the sheer fun of it.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 11:23 Steady on - The Nico Loving band of campers will take exception to this sort of thing.................................
Notnow Bruce , I mean notnow, yes that's right notnow, the season hasn't started yet, so notnow !!!!!! :lol:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

View1 wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 13:11 It seems on here on if you hate Owers you have to love Nicholson and vice versa and I genuinely confused which side I should be on, is being disappointed with both acceptable to you?
:-D
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Well - wonder what Williams, Keating, Reid, Davis, Gowling and Pittman think since they were signed initially by KN? Line in the sand etc.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

View1 wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 13:11 Do you have to be one or the other Brucie?

I personally thought Nicholson deserved the sack but should have happned at the end of the season and not after he had the whole pre season to bring his players in and spunk the budget. Owers then had enough time to turn things around but seemed to sign then a discard a player every week to offer no structure, stability or firm game plan.

I like many others want to be proved wrong on Owers and but certainly dont think he deserves a "Well done" on signings that have yet to show their worth for football club. Signing players is his minimal requirement as manager of any football club. His praise will be deserved if he creates and close knit team who play with purpose and desire to succeed, on previous experience I have my concerns as to whether he can enthuse a group of individuals to become a team.

[highlight=yellow]It seems on here on if you hate Owers you have to love Nicholson and vice versa [/highlight]and I genuinely confused which side I should be on, is being disappointed with both acceptable to you?
I hate them both.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

Getting bored now.every thread always seems to end up with people bickering about the manager and previous managers.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I see that Wrexham have signed Mike Fondop - did he not have a pre-season trial match with us last season and scored two goals followed by Nicho's summary "He had a decent enough game … but not really what we are looking for". Hmmm!