THE NEW SQUAD - AN ASSESSMENT AFTER 8 GAMES

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Win the next three league games will leave us within six points of Woking. Add a cup win in and things will appear a lot better.
Having said that, I still question the managerial team and the ability to build a team to stay in the top three for the season. A big target man is still needed, the winter months and pitches will not always reward tidy football. . .
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nick Potkins wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 21:47 Win the next three league games will leave us within six points of Woking. Add a cup win in and things will appear a lot better.
Having said that, I still question the managerial team and the ability to build a team to stay in the top three for the season. A big target man is still needed, the winter months and pitches will not always reward tidy football. . .
What if Woking win their next 3 games 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

kevgull wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 15:58 What if Woking win their next 3 games 😉
:clap:

Captain Blackadder's 'slight flaw in the plan' line now springs to mind. :lol:
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 16:18 :clap:

Captain Blackadder's 'slight flaw in the plan' line now springs to mind. :lol:
If you bothered checking instead of always making sarcastic comments you would realise if we win 3 then Woking can only win 2 max meaning 6 points max in front
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

You clearly misinterpreted the meaning of my post WHG. No sarcasm nor anything derogatory intended towards Nick Potkins' original post.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 16:52 You clearly misinterpreted the meaning of my post WHG. No sarcasm nor anything derogatory intended towards Nick Potkins' original post.
Tiz only a bit of banter.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 16:52 You clearly misinterpreted the meaning of my post WHG. No sarcasm nor anything derogatory intended towards Nick Potkins' original post.
Please accept my apologies then for my misunderstanding :Oops:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Piss poor. That’s my assessment. Worst United team EVER.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

and worst manager ever!!
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

you can't really call it a squad with a couple of exceptions it's a group of players who couldn't get a better club. It's hard to think some of these players have been selected to play for us. They just happened to be available and we just happened to need players and they were prepared to come. Seriously bring on the end and let's start from scratch and go again because just when you think it can't get any worse it does.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

This is the worst side to have ever worn a TUFC shirt!
Let’s hope that we improve when the new stadium is built 😉
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Shangull wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 20:22 you can't really call it a squad with a couple of exceptions it's a group of players who couldn't get a better club. It's hard to think some of these players have been selected to play for us. They just happened to be available and we just happened to need players and they were prepared to come. Seriously bring on the end and let's start from scratch and go again because just when you think it can't get any worse it does.
Says it all.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Owers must be close to holding the record for having the worst managerial record without being sacked.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

kevgull wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 22:25 Owers must be close to holding the record for having the worst managerial record without being sacked.
I know. To think that Leroy was sacked within minutes for doing more for TUFC in those minutes than Owers has EVER done.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'd keep both keepers,and the lads from 21/22 season except Ali Omar who was extremely luckily to get a new deal,as for the summer signings that's a massive question to answer,this may sound blunt bordering on harsh,but probably none of them.The loan signings are ok to a degree,but more experience is needed,way more,in a heartbeat I'd get Mark Ellis in,that type of player is needed,Goodwin looks ok,Evans not seen enough of,Jarvis is 50/50 for me,more experience is needed,and quality,I still can't figure why, Bromley,Borehamwood, Solihull who aren't huge clubs are miles better than us, squad wise,