The lowest of the low

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

O'rIordan sacked after that one I recall.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

He was yeah. Me and my brother used to give poor old Don dogs abuse, feel bad about it thinking about it now.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

happytorq wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 14:43 Yeah, that was horrible, especially coming a year after the great day at Southend. and especially especially because bloody MK Dons stayed up instead.

Colchester's ground was horrible too - a real throwback to the 80s.
We'd had our usual late run to give ourselves a chance on the last day and it was even in our hands. We blew it and Milton Keynes had the good fortune to be playing a team already in the play offs.
I liked Layer Road. Much better than their boring new ground. That afternoon my son & I had had to get tickets from Colchester so couldn't even support the team properly.

But relegation from League One doesn't compare with going out the league or down to Conference South.

I could think of many lows but the most recent was travelling down from Essex for the Fylde game at the end of last season, to see us effectively relegated that night.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

standupsitdown wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 16:15 We'd had our usual late run to give ourselves a chance on the last day and it was even in our hands. We blew it and Milton Keynes had the good fortune to be playing a team already in the play offs.
I liked Layer Road. Much better than their boring new ground. That afternoon my son & I had had to get tickets from Colchester so couldn't even support the team properly.

But relegation from League One doesn't compare with going out the league or down to Conference South.

I could think of many lows but the most recent was travelling down from Essex for the Fylde game at the end of last season, to see us effectively relegated that night.
Oh yes - we didn't really get relegated that day, we were relegated a few weeks before after crappy results. The fact that we gave ourselves a chance to stay up only to fail at the last was gutting though. And as I emigrated about a year after that, that was the 'lowest of the low' that I've personally ben able to witness.

I didn't like Layer Road because they still had those damn cages there, it was like being at the zoo. As an exhibit. Plus..we lost, so that naturally colours my opinion of the place somewhat.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I have a new low point.

Listening to the first minute of that god awful song by Roar Loven on the HE website. Absolutely embarrassing.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Where the blazes is Torqway?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

grockle wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 18:09 Where the blazes is Torqway?
It's where I'm from according to 99% of Americans who see it written down.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I hope you are educating them. Would they like it if we said Kansaw or Arkansass?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

grockle wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 17:22 I hope you are educating them. Would they like it if we said Kansaw or Arkansass?
To be fair, I do that just to piss them off :)

I also go around saying that clearly the Pilgrims didn't really want to start a new country because they spend months on a boat from Plymouth and named the place they landed...Plymouth.

I live in Connecticut, and within an hour's drive of my house are towns called Cheshire, Manchester, New London, New Britain, Greenwich, Bristol, Stratford, Norwich and Windsor.

That's got me some funny looks over the years "if you hated England so much, why did you keep naming your places after places there??!"