Woking FC v Torquay United 6/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Midlandgull wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 13:54 vlog from yesterday as promised! COYY
Excellent Midland Gull really enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Excellent Midland Gull really enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Couldn't go due to work commitments, but laying in the sofa listening to the tufc radio feed with headphones on footin & tootin, cussing & signing for 80 minutes or so, getting disrespecting looks from the wife & daughter & then at approx 4:40 pm a silent fist pump from me gets an eyebrows to the ceiling look but @ 4:50 pm ish I just couldn't help myself , Ben Wynter you feckin byootie "I want your babies" came the cry, & after peeling myself off of the ceiling with pure unbridled elation etched across my face I get, " oh, have they scored by any chance ? ".
God if only they really knew how much it means, the best Saturday I've had for years, I forgive everything bad that has happened to us over the last 40 odd years supporting our frustratingly entertaining club.
Thank you TUFC
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Funny - when I ran down the stairs when we equalized I just ended up with a withering look from my other half - some people just don't understand!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 16:48 YeSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I agree with brucie
Lucy
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Same lol got some funny looks from our neighbours out in our cul de sa when I was jumping around the lounge,
The notifications were coming through on my daughters bet365 app before they were coming through on mine and I still refused to believe it until I heard it on the "almost" live commentary!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

We've got to embrace this feeling of contentment, Christ, we've been through some dire dross in recent years, so I for one don't give a flying pig if it's ' only ' The NLS , after all you can only beat ( or draw against ) the opposition your up against.
Will be more difficult next for sure so as I say, let's embrace it.
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

Torquay don't do draws.

But when they do, they are probably the best draws in the world....
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Fantastic result, especially in the end. The blog that was posted is very well received, great to see/hear what the atmosphere was like for fans not in the country. Would have taken a draw before the game and certainly would have done with ten minutes to go. Buzzing that the lads were able to achieve that. Our first draw since 3rd November and the most important one.

I predict that we'll win the league next week.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You managed to get my bald head in the shot a few times during the first half 😁
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Surperb viewing Midland pal. Great viewing while me and wife had dinner. Really enjoyed that !!!!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

:scarf: Glad you all liked the video! Will continue to make more!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:08 You managed to get my bald head in the shot a few times during the first half 😁
And my increasing bald patch in the celebrations for the third goal.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Ruari Keating's injury takes the shine off yesterday's result. Alan Dowson, the Woking manager, was at Plainmoor for the Chelmsford game and he would have seen what a great game Ruari had. It makes you wonder if he had told his players to 'take Keating out' as first the agricultural centre half took him out, and then he sustains a nasty injury following another challenge. Similarly, was Asa Hall targetted? However, the football Gods were at it again. Whilst we were fearful of the agricultural centre half scoring a last minute winner, up popped Ben Wynter to consign his former manager to the Play Offs.

I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on the match. Many have posted that it wasn't a very convincing display by the Gulls. Don't forget, they are a young side and have had three gruelling games in 8 days - plus the pressure of yesterday's game. It's no co-incidence that Chelmsford lost after last Tuesday's match. I think probably both teams suffered from having to play a mid-week match.

Have you heard about Truro's game being abandoned? A Truro player suffered a serious shoulder injury and they were told not to move the player until the ambulance arrived. He was lifted on to a stretcher until the medics arrived. The ambulance arrived TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER ...... and they said they arrived within their 'target time'. Unbelievable !!!