Ruari Keating

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Ruari Keating

Post by culmstockgull »

I see that Ruari Keating has tweeted that his season is over after fracturing his cheek and eye socket, the type of injuries you get on a bad night out not on a football pitch, it was obvious Woking were concerned about him and targeted him from the kick off, the injury sustained in the final of a long line of violent tackles. I hope he manages to turn up for the final home games so that we can show our appreciation for his efforts this season.
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

culmstockgull wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 18:08 I see that Ruari Keating has tweeted that his season is over after fracturing his cheek and eye socket, the type of injuries you get on a bad night out not on a football pitch, it was obvious Woking were concerned about him and targeted him from the kick off, the injury sustained in the final of a long line of violent tackles. I hope he manages to turn up for the final home games so that we can show our appreciation for his efforts this season.
It was quite clear they were targeting him and Asa. It's a shame as he has had a fantastic season. Bit concerned our squad is starting to look a bit thin!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It's not the first time this has happened though. The Codgery will recall the John Uzzell ('The Big Boot') incident at home vs Brentford. The injury he sustained then (from Mr. Blissett) didn't end his season, it ended his career. Any codgers there at the game?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Frustrating for the lad, I, and I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery from this. To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would think he wont be in attendance at our final few games though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

wivelgull wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:49 It's not the first time this has happened though. The Codgery will recall the John Uzzell ('The Big Boot') incident at home vs Brentford. The injury he sustained then (from Mr. Blissett) didn't end his season, it ended his career. Any codgers there at the game?
Yes I was, up against the fence on the old pop side, didn't we have one sent off too that day ? Was it Graham Kelly who said the way the John Uzzell injury occurred was seen 100's of times on the football pitch & didn't warrant looking at.
The curmudgeonly fat old fool.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

wivelgull wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:49 It's not the first time this has happened though. The Codgery will recall the John Uzzell ('The Big Boot') incident at home vs Brentford. The injury he sustained then (from Mr. Blissett) didn't end his season, it ended his career. Any codgers there at the game?
I was at that game and, to this day, is the worst challenge I have seen on a football pitch.

It was so bad that Bissett got charged with assault and it went to court. He got off thanks to the intervention of then FA chairman Graham Kelly who was clearly shitting himself about a precedent being set.

Kelly took the stand and said that Bissetts elbow leading jump could be seen on a football pitch hundreds of times on a Saturday.

The only plus point was I think Bissetts career nosedived after this
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If Asa is out for a game or too we’re left with 1 less player on the bench. We know Olaf will be on the bench. If Hall cannot even make the bench we’ll be a player down
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

forevertufc wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 20:08 Frustrating for the lad, I, and I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery from this.
Absolutely. He has had his doubters, but Gary Johnson is most certainly not one of them. His workrate has always been good, but he has improved over the course of this season and I’m glad we have him again next season. Get well soon, young Ruairi.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

sgf wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 20:31 I was at that game and, to this day, is the worst challenge I have seen on a football pitch.

It was so bad that Bissett got charged with assault and it went to court. He got off thanks to the intervention of then FA chairman Graham Kelly who was clearly shitting himself about a precedent being set.

Kelly took the stand and said that Bissetts elbow leading jump could be seen on a football pitch hundreds of times on a Saturday.

The only plus point was I think Bissetts career nosedived after this
Of course, I was there too and I am still spitting feathers about it. John Uzzell sometimes shows up for home games although I've not seen him for a while. For me that was the day that some of the charm of football died. Graham Kelly's actions afterwards were little short of.......
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I had a cheek bone break and four places in by jaw when a centre half missed the ball and headed my head three days with concussion as well plus operation. (Playing for Weston in the 70's)

Wish you a speedy recovery Ruari.
zebgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by zebgull1 »

Best wishes Ruari for a speedy recovery.

Pretty sure it was his superb through ball to Reid that led to our first goal. Gerring's earlier tackle on Ruari (before he got taken out with the head injury) was disgraceful....could have been a straight red.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

On my you tube channel

Discretion needed , terrible incident
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I was at that game in 1991. Are you insinuating that anyone old enough to remember it qualifies as an old codger. I would have you know that I am ten years away from my free bus pass.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Looking at the match footage a few minutes ago I think Ruari Keating is going to be a big miss for us in the final few games. In the short time he was involved in the Woking match he played 2 brilliant passes and seemed to be involved in everything - makes you wonder how the match would have turned out if he'd stayed on the field. The final challenge which saw him stay on the ground was easily a red card offence, no question about it. Speedy recovery Ruari & looking foward to you terrorising NL defences next season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He was also outstanding in the air, can't remember him losing one high ball.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com