Cornish, Greeks and that other Green team.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

It all boils down to the fact we need each other; there's no pantomime without a villain. So watch out Argyll and City, 'behind you' 😂
TUST number 080
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr 5.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Johnson 4/1 favourite for the Plymouth job
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

From what I can see he is 6/1 and second favorite behind Holloway.

Im hoping Gary is at the point in his life where happiness and unity is more important than managing a 'bigger team' in the league.

From Argyle's perspective it really would be a appointment a clueless board would make with little game plan or strategy... "he's done well at our neighbours (all be it three leagues below) they seem to like to like him so lets steal him".

If they dig a bit deeper they would be concerned how his recent league jobs have gone in the league below where they are currently and perhaps that would put them off (well that's what Im hoping anyway!). They also keep talking about long terms plans etc and I would think they would want a younger manager in place to fit their strategy.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Let's hope so.
TUST number 080
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If Johnson is backed he will stay. It is really down to how serious the owner is about getting back into the EFL.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

4/1 fav with sky bet.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Getting back on topic, Argyle are home to Scunthorpe and Southend play Sunderland next Saturday. Although Sunderalnd will be thinking ahead to the Play Offs, I think they will at least draw with Southend and Argyle will beat Scunny. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I hope Exeter make the Play Offs but I don't expect them to progress further - but good luck to them anyway. As an exiled Cornishman, I was sorry that we lost at home to Hungerford which has in effect relegated Truro, although they can't blame their demise on one result.

Wasn't Gary Johnson also favourite to return to Yeovil? As Plainmoor78 posts - if he is backed, he will stay. Surely the increase in Gate revenue since Gary's arrival will have eased the financial worries a little?
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Another angle to look at this is its a great time for Gary Johnson to ask for a decent budget for next season!

Whether he is in demand or not he certainly holds the cards when it comes to what will keep him happy. Argyle wont be in a rush to appoint having no games to play and will want to get it right, and that could give Gary enough time to work things further in his favor with the owner.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

But remember Hodges and McCall.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Only too well but they both had an afinity with Argle.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I don't have any hatred of Plymouth or Exeter but I would like us to be the best team in Devon as we were for a number of years in the late sixties. I would love all three of us and Yeovil to be in League Two year after next , so Plymouth to get relegated , Torquay and Yeovil to be be promoted next season and Exeter to stay down.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Newport won tonight so the Greeks are out of the playoffs 😂😂
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Not out out ....1 point out with a game to go
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 22:43 Not out out ....1 point out with a game to go
......so out.