Reg Jenkins

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 06 May 2019, 09:47 Ah! Sixties memories....the half-time Herald Express seller would yell 'Snow in New'n Abbit'. I can see - and hear - him now. I think (Codgers please correct me) that he was small and wore a flat cap.
Yep - you're still compus mentis, Wivel. He was known as 'Snip' Cornish - don't know why Snip.

I didn't remember Reg Jenkins not being liked by some fans - I thought he was a great player and was sorry to see him leave. Another player during that golden period was Brian Handley. I think that he more or less lost his place when Stubbsy arrived on the scene. I don't think he played many games with Robin Stubbs in the side, but I remember one game when Stubbs, Handley, Jenkins AND Tommy Northcott were in the team, and maybe Peter Anderson on the wing, and we were untouchable. :bow:
Local-Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Benefield

Post by Local-Gull »

wivelgull wrote: 06 May 2019, 09:47 Ah! Sixties memories....the half-time Herald Express seller would yell 'Snow in New'n Abbit'. I can see - and hear - him now. I think (Codgers please correct me) that he was small and wore a flat cap.
Wasn't he called Snip Cornish?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Local-Gull wrote: 07 May 2019, 07:39 Wasn't he called Snip Cornish?
Well tomo reckons he was and is rarely wrong!

I remember him well and his 'Snow in Newton Abbot' shouts even on hot August early season games! Barking!