Armani Little signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 02:51 Exactly the reason former players shouldn't return as managers
Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of thing that matter least. Let's not let yesterday take too much of our time today - 'let sleeping dogs lie'. is what I say.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Very true Mellow,
Just because they were a different class on the football field it doesn't instantly make the good managers does it ?
Look at the likes of the late great Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton was useless then again his brother Jack was magnificent on the field & in the technical area.
To ask me whether I was pleased to see KN & CH appointed as manager is a weird one as they were both untried & you had no records to look back on. I even wasn't that bothered when Gary Owers was appointed because the club took it's time & told us he was the right man for the job at that specific time & we had to negotiate a release clause etc etc, the sound bites eminating from within TQ1 towers were exactly what we fans were wanting to hear at that time it's just unfortunate that is soon became apparent KN, CH GO amongst previous managers were out of their depth, we can bang on about budgets & what not, but when the CEO of the club at the time made his reservations about the appointment of one of our legends public, alarm bells should've started ringing.
So what did the club do ? Well they got rid of the CEO short sharpish.
Yes you're right mellow it is in the past & if we hadn't appointed these ' managers' !! when we did then I doubt Gary Johnson et al would be in situ today. So in hindsight I am thankful for small mercies !
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

“Yes you're right mellow it is in the past & if we hadn't appointed these ' managers' !! when we did then I doubt Gary Johnson et al would be in situ today. So in hindsight I am thankful for small mercies !”

Think we should also thank Cheltenham for sacking Gary Johnson after 4 games, unbelievable!!
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Teigngull wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 02:51 Exactly the reason former players shouldn't return as managers
I'd rather they'd be rememembered for their magnificent efforts on the field instead of the out of their depth efforts on the sideline.
If your going to go into footy managership then do the hard graft, & serve your apprenticeship properly like PB did at Exeter or JT is doing right now at Villa.
It's painful to watch & appreciate their efforts when clearly they're well of their depth .
So GJ had only been here 5 minutes eh ?
Well this PROPER seasoned experienced manager achieved the title in 30 games despite being 10 points adrift upon arrival & broke club records, made us fans happy again is approachable, & bloody good at his job.
Let's not return to the days of being a guinea pig club for ex 'ledgends' to cut their teeth football.mamagement, it rarely works ( as we've found out, regularly) .
And if we do happen to lose 3 on the trot, then it'll all depend on the circumstances surely? If we're shite with no way of being competitive then fine, moan, if we're just bloody unlucky then, ok, not a lot we can do about that apart from changing that luck around.
TUFC fans are no different from other clubs supporters in wanting & hoping to be winning each game but as you go further up the food chain then your morsels get smaller that's when a PROPER manager comes into his own.
I know what my eyes tell me from 40+ years of watching the occasional decent season, & having a manager who knows his level inside out is the key to success & with GJ in the pilots seat we have as good a chance as any one else in this league.
I made no comments about their respective abilities as managers.

I’d just rather you didn’t shit on Nicholson and Hargreaves with posts like that and give them some respect.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Another naughties snowflake blinded by nostalgia,
KN & CH were magnificent players for us & for that I have the utmost respect & gratitude, but, as managers they should've been nowhere near the club at that stage of their careers & lo & behold where are they now within the realms of pro football management ?
Exactly, nowhere near that level.
You'd have a better chance of spotting them in a ' where's Wally cartoon '..
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

You really do come out with some utter rubbish. Asking for respect does not make someone a snowflake. Your comments about KN and CH are childish and pointless.

For everyone successful manager there will be 20 failed ones and no one knows how they will really do when they take over. Does KNs sacking name him a shit manager, no. Nor does it CH. GJ got sacked at Cheltenham so did that make him a shit manager but now he's good again??

There are only 116 managers jobs in tbe FL and NL so the chances of them getting managers jobs are slim but I would be happy to see them both succeed and not revel in them losing their jobs
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

SGF.
Take your rose coloured spectacles off take another look at what I've e said.
Now you've done that, you can see that the point I'm trying to make is I'm pretty pissed off with the appointments made in the past of untried novice managers have left us where we are in the football food chain.
Appointments made to appease the locals short term rarely work & of you look at the robins fans comments at the time of GJ 's sacking you will see how the majority off them were bewildered at the decision..
You cannot tell me that better qualified managers didn't apply for the TUFC job when it was given to the likes of KN, CH GO, AK etc etc.
Nostalgic minds should be excused wen making such important decisions.
Successful club's have a manager who is ruthless & a good contacts book at last it seems we have one of our own
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Ruthlessness can be a two-edged sword. For example, look at Allan Brown. All his 'ruthlessness' came to was the dismantling of the greatest ever era at Plainmoor and selling the best players on to Bournemouth or, in the case of The Prince of Plainmoor, Bristol Rovers.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

If you use the sharp end of the sword like PB did as well as GJ & channel it correctly it's a wonderful tool.
We've had far too many journeyman players who've added nothing but a drain on finances Gowling springs to mind in recent times & the likes of Fallon & Tonge in the past., decent managers were this shit out & move them on quick sharp, inexperienced managers persevere & let them continuously draw their salary inn the hope fortunes turn around, the only fortune gained is by the player sat on his contract & adding nothing to the most important part of a football club, match day results.
I think I've seen enough of these type of players over the 41 years of watching TUFC, & I'm sure most of you oldies have too, we are & always have been a club who can ill afford to carry any players we just don't have the fan base to bank roll & warrant it.
So in hindsight was ruthless the wrong word to use ?
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Meanwhile, Armani Little can’t wait to get started at Torquay United.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/armani- ... ed-2932952
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Griff1n wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 10:11 Meanwhile, Armani Little can’t wait to get started at Torquay United.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/armani- ... ed-2932952
Of course he can't, he's got a proper club & manager to play for now,
Just watch the Little fecker go now. I can't wait.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Armani Little - hmmm, I wonder how long it will be before we get players whose first name is Gucci, Gaulthier or Cardin?! (Maybe there already are some out there - there's an interesting search for those with spare time on their hands!)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Let's just hope that Armani can..fashion lots of chances.

I meanm he could suit our style of play.

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Excellent start happytorq - maybe Armani can 'trouser' a few quid on the way too!
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

Very nice addition to the squad :scarf: