TUFC 2019/20 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SatNav wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 10:40 Ben Gerring announced on Twitter that he is signing a contract tomorrow, although it doesn’t specify with whom. Not sure if Johnson would entertain it; would be interested to see what the consensus would be on the slim possibility of him returning??
Two words... and the second one is 'off'
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

United62 wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 12:27 Two words... and the second one is 'off'
Trousers?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

SatNav wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 10:40 Ben Gerring announced on Twitter that he is signing a contract tomorrow, although it doesn’t specify with whom. Not sure if Johnson would entertain it; would be interested to see what the consensus would be on the slim possibility of him returning??
I have to say I think he was always competent in a Torquay shirt, albeit in a succession of dire teams. I would, however, like to think that there are far superior options available on the market for GJ to pursue and have confidence that he will deliver a better central defender for the club than Ben Gerring.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Ben gerring is staying at Woking. Their manager said back along that when they signed him the deal was if they got promoted he has to stay with them
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

I highly doubt that Gerring would come back to Torquay. Especially after ‘those’ terrace chants and also how he’s reacted with Torquay supporters in the FA Cup match and also at their place end of last season.

But if there’s anything to say that he might not be at Woking next season - is the fact that they have just signed centre half Manny Parry from Boring Wood. Haven’t they also signed Moussa Diarra from Barrow on a permanent? Could just be that they’re strengthening at the back first... but I for one don’t want to see Gerring back in a yellow shirt
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

He’s not good enough. Simple as that. Aden Baldwin or Robbie Cundy are much better bets and more likely given the Bristol City connection.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

GoodringtonGull wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 18:36 I highly doubt that Gerring would come back to Torquay. Especially after ‘those’ terrace chants and also how he’s reacted with Torquay supporters in the FA Cup match and also at their place end of last season.

But if there’s anything to say that he might not be at Woking next season - is the fact that they have just signed centre half Manny Parry from Boring Wood. Haven’t they also signed Moussa Diarra from Barrow on a permanent? Could just be that they’re strengthening at the back first... but I for one don’t want to see Gerring back in a yellow shirt
The whole Ben Gerring saga in my opinion is just banter and boy did he wind us up, but boy did we have the last laugh. I’m still convinced had he not got sent off, we wouldn’t have equalised, so the lad needs to be given a medal for what happened in the closing stages of the Woking match that practically sealed the championship. As for him returning ZERO CHANCE. Why in the first place would we want him back
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Natiional League South or North is his limit. He will be found out in National League if he signs for Woking. Commanding in the air, positional sense poor and distribution worse. I would be very, very surprised and disappointed if Gary signs him, even as 'cover'. So like lucyx2 - ZERO CHANCE.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Rjc70 wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 19:35 He’s not good enough. Simple as that. Aden Baldwin or Robbie Cundy are much better bets and more likely given the Bristol City connection.
Robbie Cundy would be a good addition on loan a quality player but Ben Gerring would be a liability. I just hope we can get the right players on loan as it was a good move last season as we seemed to have the right blend.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

tomogull wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 23:42 Natiional League South or North is his limit. He will be found out in National League if he signs for Woking. Commanding in the air, positional sense poor and distribution worse. I would be very, very surprised and disappointed if Gary signs him, even as 'cover'. So like lucyx2 - ZERO CHANCE.
Agree , purely on footballing terms he tried hard for us back along but wasn't good enough and last year was his limit.
As for the rest , forget it I wouldn't want him back at torquay anyhow

So it's a known known with him instead of a known unknown or a unknown unknown or a unknown known
We know he isn't good enough and a bit of a d**k

Known known
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

We also know, via BBC website, he has signed a new contract with W*nking.

The Joker in the pack of Cards?
TUST member 200 ;-)
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

As mentioned on the ex-gull thread, Daniel Leadbitter has gone to Newport. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was the defender/midfielder that we have been chasing, Johnson had said that "there's another club involved".

He would have been a cracking signing for us, having already been promoted out of the National League with Rovers a few years back.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

arcadia wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 17:57 Robbie Cundy would be a good addition on loan a quality player but Ben Gerring would be a liability. I just hope we can get the right players on loan as it was a good move last season as we seemed to have the right blend.
Seems as though Exeter city are looking to get Robbie Cundy on loan! If that is the case does he want to (if he is going out on loan) go to an upwardly mobile team or one that is starting to fail?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

An Oxford fan on twitter touting us to sign Tshimanga!? Can't see it coming off personally.

https://mobile.x.com/bbcoxfordsport/sta ... 7737003008
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Just listened to the podcast on Devon live and they had a chat with Pete Johnson and he stated they are hoping to, maybe, get a couple more players in as well as loans, so who knows!