Buckland Athletic vs TUFC PSF 13/07

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Can remember pre seasons when we been fantastic and dire in the. season. It's really just a work out and a glimpse of new players.
Anyone see the cricket I watched every ball and sensational.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 20:46 Can remember pre seasons when we been fantastic and dire in the. season. It's really just a work out and a glimpse of new players.
Anyone see the cricket I watched every ball and sensational.

Agreed pre season is just that. Never read too much into it as it is a ‘get to know you’ time of year where team structure,players, manager etc get to grips with what is expected of the team for the coming season. It is totally different when points are on the line!

And yes I have just watched the cricket from 10.45 this morning until it finished. Never thought cricket could be so interesting. What a great advert for the game and well done England. I was even emotional at the end just like when United clinched promotion last season. That is what sport does to you, brilliant!!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Oh and just to add I got emotional when I read that Duchess the Elephant at Paignton zoo has passed away. Another legend of Torbay :(
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Anyone remember the Goodrington Sands elephant (not alive) c. 1963?
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

I think the missing of several chances and moving the ball about not quick enough at times was main pr. However it's only the second game and was impressed with Buse and look forward to seeing him playing against better opposition.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Watched the game from up on the bank. Gave Dave (forevertufc) a wave at the end of the game :nod: . Not convinced Cameron and Niate will cope as a pair in the National League. These next few games (Argyle/Exeter) against decent League 2 strikers will prove we need a couple more defenders.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"