Dagenham and Redbridge (a) 04/01/20

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Six police officers there today. Simply not required. What a waste of money.
Reidy28
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Reidy28 »

Medford Smith made his first team debut for Reading today
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Interesting. One of 11 changes they made. Obviously higher rated their than here where to be honest he looked very nervous.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The game had a 0-0 written all over it after the first twenty minutes. The team really is a mis-match at present - a left attacking midfielder playing left back and a centre back playing right back (both accounted well for themselves - Lewis I thought was colossal out-muscling his opponent time and time again.However neither of them have the overlapping skills so desperately needed for our style of play). Bottom line is the team continue to look clueless and I was not happy to see a few players play the internal blame game on each other when things were not going right. Why no substitutions - given what was on the bench, the fact that we were holding our own and the player mis-matches on the field, I don't think substitutions would have altered the game in our favour.

So all in all I would consider a point away from home a good result.given our present predicament. Big shout out to the 275 supporters who turned up - great support given our poor run of form.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Reidy28 wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 20:22 Medford Smith made his first team debut for Reading today
Wrong thread . There’s an ex gull one
Lucy
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

At work yesterday so couldn't follow the events of this game, the 3 points would have been nice, but stating the obvious, being it that Dagenham were below us in the table, the most important thing was, don't lose the game, so an important result, and clean sheet as well, as confidence builds from not conceding goals hopefully a sign of things to come.
Formerly known as forevertufc
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

One more observation from yesterday was that Reid stood out as having the best touch of any player on the pitch. Excellent holding up and laying off of the ball. It was a shame that the best chances all fell to Jannah as I'm sure Reid would have put one of them away.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights are up, we seem to have not had highlights from new years day, wonder why 🤔
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest