Corona Virus & Football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Just announced Premier League and EFL suspended until 3 April
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

If National League is still on we should offer discounted tickets to Argyle and Exeter season ticket holders.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Discount?. We should charge them double!!!!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I’ve just been to the docs
I said to him I just can’t seem to stop buying cars
He said I’m afraid you may have carownervirous
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 11:44 I’ve just been to the docs
I said to him I just can’t seem to stop buying cars
He said I’m afraid you may have carownervirous
Or an addiction to Mexican beer??!! (Can't stop drinking Corona)

A bit of humour, no matter how terrible, is quite welcome at this point.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, probably the correct decision, with peoples health and well being paramount, but also for the obvious financial implications to football clubs. Also to be fair watched the Wolves game last night and it was a tough watch, imagine it was pretty horrendous to play in without fans.

But ii isn't just the clubs , never a mention for the, in some cases small and medium sized business that supply the clubs that will take a financial hit here regardless, however domestics seasons around the globe are resolved, and they will have to be, by all games being played, there will a massive cost to world football. Will we see SAT-TUE-THUR-SAT football to get games played ? what the resolution for Euro 2020 is, I don't know, there are so many issues with moving back to next summer, it's untrue, could that be scrapped altogether, or an enforced winter break to play around December time if, and mean if it can't take place.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Fixtures to proceed this weekend say National League
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Boreham Wood have called off match with Torquay United due to their close links with Arsenal.
Arteta the Gunners Manager has the virus
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Assuming that Tuesday game could be in doubt? I see VNL are taking it one game at a time. For the sake of fans I hope they make a decision on Monday about Tuesday game. I got the feeling these games this weekend could be the last for a while.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

The National League are now under massive pressure to make a decision and fall in line with the EFL & Premier League. I expect this weekend's games to be the last. A meeting has been arranged and we can expect an announcement soon.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Six of today's NL matches now off. There is no way the NL can continue after today. I don't expect to see any more football at Plainmoor for some considerable time - the 3 April date for a potential resumption of the PL and EFL is looking increasingly unlikely and given the peak of the pandemic is now forecast to be May/June it is difficult to see how this season can be completed at all.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree with the sentiments of a previous poster In suggesting that early April is very optimistic to resume the season if it resumes at all. therefore logically the financial situation not only for Torquay but many other lower league clubs is anything bit rosy, in fact it becomes a case of life support. Our only source of revenue is gate money supplemented by Uncle Clarke's deep pockets. While he may continue with his largesse in making up a shortfall I cannot see anyone let alone him supporting the club indefinitely with absolutely no revenue stream . In much the same way as the government is willing to support business while this epidemic lasts then perhaps the FA can open is very deep purse to support the grass roots of the football pyramid but I doubt it. The PFA as an organisation is cash rich and may step in to support player wages but someone will need to pay the rates, non playing staff wages, etc.
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

All football in Wales has been cancelled till further notice
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Will the club not be insured for liabilities . e.g, event liability/cancellation to cover loss of revenue. ?
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 00:51 Will the club not be insured for liabilities . e.g, event liability/cancellation to cover loss of revenue. ?
Would imagine insurance would only cover extreme weather or similar and exclude unexpected happenings like the corona virus,its worrying times for all small clubs