Jamie Reid's Off......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Jamie Reid's Off......

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jamie has decided not to sign a new contract.
Going to miss him in the team, but all the best to him.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Not too disappointed, I believe we've seen the best of Jamie Reid.

While I thank him for his goals in getting us promotion, I can't see him scoring at Football League level.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I can. Not too disappointed ? Who do you think we are going to sign that will be an improvement on Reid ?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I do not agree with the sentiment that his best is behind him, he is only 25 and if he keeps fit he has many years ahead of him. I am personally glad he is off, he needs to know whether he can develop and cut it at a higher level, undoubtedly he has come as far as he can under our structure also I do not agree with designing a team around one player as we have done this last season. So good luck to him.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Nick Potkins wrote: 04 May 2020, 15:27 Not too disappointed, I believe we've seen the best of Jamie Reid.

While I thank him for his goals in getting us promotion, I can't see him scoring at Football League level.
You’re bonkers then. He’s proven this season and last he’s more than good enough for a crack at football league level.

Good luck to him and thanks Jamie for all of your superb efforts.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I hope he's got something lined up. Presumably he will fall out of furlough with the end of his contract with us and if he is waiting for an EFL offer it could be some considerable time before he gets a new one given that a resumption of attended matches could still be many months away.

Thanks anyway Jamie for your time with us!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Off to join the Scouse revolution at the Gargs no doubt.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Seems like a very long time ago I logged onto this forum, I forgot my password.

Very best of luck to Jamie, Im sure he wanted nothing more than to be playing league football with TUFC next season. Over the last couple of seasons I have seen a big improvement in his game and I hope he gets the opportunity he deserves.
He's not had an easy season with his injury and the injuries to other key players which has impacted on his game. I m sure there is something already lined up for him.

Its not going to be easy to replace Jamie with somebody who can make an instant positive impact with goals.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

My info is Bristol Rovers and that it could of happened in January but of course didn't want to pay a fee so maybe a higher sighing on fee. Now because of the Virus that move may not materialise.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Good luck to Reidy, he's done well for us and deserves a shot at a higher level.

The only thing I hope is that we get a bit more savvy with player contracts and generating revenue from players who move on. Exeter and Brentford, for example, have both done excellently with player sales, sell-on clauses and re-investment in recent years.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Which clubs have spare money to pay new players whilst football is stopped? If a player signs for another club, the government won't pay out furlough money to them. And how long will these furlough payments go on for before there is no money left. I can't see football at any level below the Premiership returning in the next twelve months by which time the furlough payments will have dried up and those clubs that can't afford to pay what players they have left will just go bust. Most if not all players that have been let go will be on universal credit in July.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Interesting point by Brewers boy. The furlough payments go on until 30th June. Reid would not qualify anyway by getting a new employer now, so either he has got a cast iron guarantee of a contract with a club able to pay its players without any current income or he has taken a very big gamble when he could have at least been guaranteed football at Torquay when it restarts.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

As he has turned down employment, byrefusing a new contract he is also ineligeble for benefits. I hope his agent explained that to him.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jamie Reid regardless of the fact he's turned down a new contract offer from TUFC, will still be contracted to TUFC until that contract's end date, which I'm guessing will be in July, his employment with his new club will not start until his current contract hits, it's expiry date.

He's (Jamie Reid) almost certainly been in receipt of contract offers from more than one League 2 club, this will be the right move at the right time for Reidy, he will 26 before next seasons due kick date, his stock has never been so high, may never be again.

Jamie Reid has been a great servant of our club and personally wish him all best.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: 05 May 2020, 16:50 Jamie Reid regardless of the fact he's turned down a new contract offer from TUFC, will still be contracted to TUFC until that contract's end date, which I'm guessing will be in July, his employment with his new club will not start until his current contract hits, it's expiry date.

He's (Jamie Reid) almost certainly been in receipt of contract offers from more than one League 2 club, this will be the right move at the right time for Reidy, he will 26 before next seasons due kick date, his stock has never been so high, may never be again.

Jamie Reid has been a great servant of our club and personally wish him all best.
All players out of contract in National league expired on 2nd May.
Lucy