TorquayFans.Com

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

TorquayFans.Com

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Hi all,
Just like to say well done to Louis and the Admin team for keeping the Forum going since the re-boot for the last 10 years. :clap: :bow:
Happy 10th Birthday to the Forum!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Made me check, yeah 10 years on this software when we moved from keeping torquayunited dotnet going and learning the need to do regular backups after a server fire in Germany lost all our data over the 3 years I'd been looking after the site prior. Was a tough decision having to start a fresh rather than try and recover corrupted data that wasn't fully there, glad we have been strong for 10 years and it was worth starting again.

Cheers mate hope you're well - here's to the next 10. It's going to be tough with the new era taking to the likes of facebook and twitter than supporting the traditional forum but we'll always be here. Thanks everyone for supporting us in being independent, free speech, self hosted and hopefully a fun place to be :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

It is truly amazing how many social platforms are available to the user, far too many in my book, howevere if I wish to have a rant or even a comment then this is the one and only forum, we probably do not thank the site managers and moderators for this free facility enough, in fact rarely.
So thank you and keep up the good work.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Your post SuperNickyWroe made me realise I joined the Forum 10 years ago yesterday.
Louis I had not realised or remembered that a fire in Germany is what caused you such a massive problem.
I am long retired now but I worked in finance and the nightly back up was crucial and I am talking 25 years ago!
Anyway Louis a big thank you from me for all your hard work.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Yep, what they said. Thanks chaps