National League Torquay United v Wrexham Saturday 5th Dec 2020 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Guilty of not posting for a while but I`m still here and like many no doubt, watch the streams, read all the reports, listen to all the interviews and read what you guys post on here. Great to see fans back, I hope to see a live game early in the New Year. As for the team, I`m bouncing... seems we have a good balance of youth and experience, talent and physicality and we`re resilient. Equally important we have depth in the squad. Winning is a great habit to have and fingers crossed may it continue to the end of the season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Thought we bossed the game.
Ref was shocking, which was a shame as we seem to have had a few good ones recently.
Poor decisions re their corner which led to their goal and a clear cut penalty that wasn't given.
Would like to say that Kerr, Sherring and Andrews slotted in well.
Whits goal was sublime, CLE running the show. Great to see how he has come on this season, despite them trying to take him out....
Good victory and need to keep it going.
Looking forward to be able to attend a game in the not-to-distant-future.
Up the Gulls!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with SBP regarding Andrews, I have not been his biggest fan either as I thought he was too casual at times and his work rate and energy didn't match the others,
but although he doesn't have the pace he has good vision and a great left foot. He also seems to be stronger now and is good at using his body to hold off players and shield the ball. Did a good job yesterday.
On another subject I know we started late and the autumn has been less wet but I've never seen the pitch looking better in December, an almost perfect surface which suits our game.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I am a great fan of Andrews and he has not been firing on all cylinders this season and believe he's been carrying an injury but yesterday he looked quality and he fitted into the left back position and floated into midfield when needed. He was involved in corners and freekicks and pleased for him as it's been a long time coming.
The Referee was posing whilst teaming up with the linesmen before the game and missed a lot of things going on off the ball but was grateful that he only gave McDonald a yellow card as he was a bit wild.
I thought the organization (Covid) was spot on well done the person responsible.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

If we all had the attitude of Trojan 67 then Plainmoor would be shut down again and surely none of us want that. Stick by the rules and the sooner we will get back to normal
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Back on to football related matters, anyone know why Wynter and Moxey were absent on Saturday and (if injured) how long they’re out for?
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Bit disgusted when Nemane got taken out by 3 of their players then the main offender was subbed before the ref managed to card him.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights are up...

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I was there on Saturday. Stood in my spot. Would I have gone if I had people stood around me? No. Only one person being presumptive here.