Torquay United v Altrincham 2/2/21

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

We are quite simply missing Danny Wright. Yes, that is the same Danny Wright that a number on here were not happy about when we signed him.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Yep super poor. Poor passing, piss poor control, no ideas. Poor defence for both goals. Hurried out of everything by Altrincham so credit to them. Have not played well since Wright’s injury.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Wrong game plan, wrong time of the season to start going all experimental, too many midfielders all expecting the ball but not willing to to run for it,too many players having a off night, Altrincham were nothing special but in all honesty they did not need to be.Very disappointing and a total waste of three points.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Still time to join the Umerah Appreciation Society while we wait for Wrights return
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 21:54 Still time to join the Umerah Appreciation Society while we wait for Wrights return
Can't imagine Umerah's confidence will have improved having been dropped from the squad - I hope for his sake he was injured. I agree with Brucie that the criticism of him has been unfair - at least he would have given the Alty defenders something to think about because none of tonight's team did!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

rickl wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 21:33 Dagenham game all over again :(
Not so, we were all over them after their goal and could have scored any number of times but didn't get the rub of the green.

Tonight we were ominously poor and only had one shot on target in the second half and that was straight into the keeper's midriff. We're still waiting for Street to click into gear but we can't wait much longer.

We go again on Saturday in a meaningless match (meaningless for me anyway) so we have a chance to sort ourselves out (and we're still nine points clear).
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whatever you say Umerah is more suited to playing the loan striker role than either Waters or Street (who I don't think is what we need at the moment)

That was truly dreadful to watch, not made any better by a truly hopeless referee who must have booked about 26 players. The ball must only have been in play for about 15 minutes in the second half as Altrincham took time wasting to a new level.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

What was the red card for? It looked like a straight red too.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Was it him who kicked the ball out of McDonald's hand in the first half - perhaps it was for a second such offence?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 22:03 Whatever you say Umerah is more suited to playing the loan striker role than either Waters or Street (who I don't think is what we need at the moment)

That was truly dreadful to watch, not made any better by a truly hopeless referee who must have booked about 26 players. The ball must only have been in play for about 15 minutes in the second half as Altrincham took time wasting to a new level.
Knew we'd lose when I found out it was that dickhead Quelch reffing.
Only 2nd to that tool Allison as being the worst ref that we've had in the NL.
I hope Josh was injured as at least he'd have got stuck in and given them something to think about.
Cant believe the formation tonight.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Whether Umerah was the answer tonight, who knows, most certainly he would have provided a threat up front until off course this ref sent him off for breathing in the wrong place. more worrying for me is that out of the last 15 available points we have taken only five, this Saturday is a distraction I would rather keep the first team at home training and sent the youth team because with our luck we will undoubtedly pick up a sending off or another injury.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I agree about this Sat particular as Southport do not want to play having voted to null and void the season - send the youth team for the experience plus any squad players needing fitness and match time.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

We dont have young players like that. We can't rest any Saturday as Johnson wants to win the tr
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

That was **** dreadful. Couldn't string passes together, gave the ball away again and again and again. It was like watching a completely different team.
TUST member 203
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nick Potkins wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 21:52 We are quite simply missing Danny Wright. Yes, that is the same Danny Wright that a number on here were not happy about when we signed him.
Absolutely.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468