Solihull Moors v Torquay United 23 Feb 7pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

McDonald is a clown, deserves to be sent off, any chance it could be longer than the 1 match ban?

would do us a favour!
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Last minute winner for Sutton too.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Joys of being a Torquay fan, it doesn't even surprise me any more.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

103 mins ?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

We won, we were a different team from Saturday so 'hope springs eternal', we may have to beat Sutton away though.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

McSchumacher... you idiot!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Billy Waters ineffectual? He scored the winning goal.

It was actually very cool because he knew what he was going to do and TWO defenders DID NOT.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Sutton scoring a penalty in the last minute is just typical.

Much needed win. I've been calling my family on FaceTime to watch the game with them...we've never won. I didn't bother today. It was clearly my fault. I will just keep up-to-date with the Twitter updates from now on :-D .
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not sure how ,but we get three points with a scratch ten plus Buse, you just knew second half we would be under the cosh and their giant forward besides having the distinction of getting the quickest booking I have ever seen caused us a lot of problems. we changed the way we played tonight and whilst not the usual flowing football we defended pretty well as a unit. Mcidiot what can you say, he nearly cost us the game, he has finally proved what most have now come to suspect he does not have the mentality, ability or thought processes to be a good keeper. he belongs in the conference level below us if he is lucky, I hope Johnson spends his time on the return coach phoning his brother to get us an emergency loan keeper before Saturday.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

That was a better performance than of late we looked more together and on a similar wavelength, which I thought had been lacking in recent league games........despite McDonald's idiotic charge out of the box ! GJ should fine him for stupidity.

Not sure how close Covolan is to coming back? At least our next game is a Trophy match so not so much pressure on Harmon if that's going to be his first start.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Really enjoyed tonight's game. I thought that we were excellent in the first half, Asa Hall was outstanding. At the start of the second half, obviously Solihull moors were going to attack us for the first 20 minutes or so and because we became more defensive, they dominated the midfield, but our defence coped well and waters showed what a quality finisher he is with our second goal. I thought that they should have had a penalty when our player jumping and the ball striking the players arm which was miles above his head. The sending off of Mcdonald, definitely at least a yellow card. How annoying he was booked earlier for kicking the ball away for time wasting.
One thing that worries me is that in my opinion Ben Winter had a poor game. I'm hoping that he's just getting back to playing after being injured for so long and we soon see what he is capable of.
Reguarding the Solihull goal, our sub goalie dived so late, it was worrying especially if he is no 1 on Saturday. Thank goodness Saturday's game is in the micky mouse cup.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 21:22
.......Reguarding the Solihull goal, our sub goalie dived so late.....
He's only played five minutes for us and he's already getting criticised! He didn't have a chance, the ball fell to a Solihull player a couple of yards out.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Game of two halves with the wind dominating the play. You could see our lads holding onto their nuts - tonight was no ordinary blow job!

3 points in the bag - that's what matters.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Criticism of our goalie is harsh ,he came on cold with a team under the cosh and lets remember he should never have been put in that position in the first place.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Good result tonight in difficult conditions. We need to keep grinding out results until the better weather comes with the spring and players start returning from injury. If we can keep in touch with Sutton through to the end of March (I expect them to overtake us in the near future) then I really fancy us to have a good run-in and put them under the same pressure they are currently applying to us.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!