Solihull Moors v Torquay United 23 Feb 7pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

portugull wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 21:12 Billy Waters ineffectual? He scored the winning goal.
He WAS ineffectual in the first half IMHO. Took his goal well.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
sfcfox
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sfcfox »

Glad you boys have sorted the funk you were in, and are again on the rise. I hope and pray you boys get promoted this season. In addition I hope Stevenage can stay up. Even though you are our Bogey team, it's always a great away day against the Gulls. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

3 points was the only thing that mattered tonight. Next!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wynter had a poor game? completely and utterly ridiculous.

He hasn't played for ages and has come back in, playing two games in quick succession. Heroic I'd say.

We saw the game out well in the second half - or did so until captain calamity lost his head again in injury time. As for Hamon, think he's cup tied on Saturday so it will be the youth keeper. He had no chance whatsoever with their goal.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Huge credit to the team for that battling display. Not many teams will win there , in fact Solihull had only conceded 3 goals at home this season so far. Not easy against a team lumping in missile long throws to a 8ft striker . We defended really well , pressed and tackled really well, if we can get Nemane back on the right hopefully we can start being more of a threat again in attack. Boden should add some know how and help the others and score a few with the number of chances we usually create (though not lately) Just hope Sutton have a dodgy spell soon, I do think their pitch gives them a big advantage , going to be a massive game there in 6 weeks time.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Brucie , I believe you are being a little tough on Wynter, considering his injury and undoubtedly bringing him back a fortnight earlier than we should to paper over the cracks I thought he did alright,understandably I did notice he pulled out of any number of 50/50 tackles, usually he is a reliable right back but what logic in the second half made Johnson tell him to mark their giant forward god only knows. I am more concerned by our left back situation where Andrews does not fit the bill,we have tried any number in that position and only Moxey comes near to being a left back , except he has no pace and is perpetually injured.if there is any truth in the story that Davis has declined to have his remaining contract paid up then that tells us we will not see him again and need a replacement.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly for Davis and the club, it would appear we will not see him again. Moxey is a fantastic replacement in my view, but has been injured a lot. Andrews is 'doing a job' and played well last night.

Moving to Wynter and last nights game, their main threat was down the left resulting in Buse and Wynter having to be on their game. Both were first class.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I was praising Wynter - it wasn't me who was carping at him.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Think it's been hard for Ben to come back and play to the level he was at before his injury, but he will get there I'm sure and he was good last night.
He's just lacking that match fitness/sharpness.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well what a terrific performance last night in awful conditions.
Our away form is the best in the League with 8 wins, 2 draws and only 2 defeats. To score 25 away goals in 12 games is fantastic.
I think only Brentford and Hull City have scored more away goals than United this season.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Well as I have said in the past and many many times at games both of are goal keepers need to go, McDonald has to many stupid moments, both are clowns, surely there are better out there even a keeper in his late 20’s or early 30’s. an old head who can read the game and stay calm not just hoof the ball and not learn. In these two keepers you never think oh he is going to save this or catch it from corners.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 16:36 I was praising Wynter - it wasn't me who was carping at him.
No my good friend brucie, it was me. it's sad,quite pathetic really that you alone always seem to post negative comments concerning my posts. Never mind bruice, the net is closing in.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 19:35 .... Never mind bruice, the net is closing in.
Are you fishing for an answer?

(anyway who is briuce?)
Last edited by gateman49 on 24 Feb 2021, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Great to see the team showing so much more energy and commitment last night. The world is a brighter place when your football team gains 3 points !
Can’t wait for the match when GJ has a fit squad to pick from.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gateman49 wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 20:08 Are you fishing for an answer?

(anyway who is briuce?)
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468