Solihull Moors v Torquay United 23 Feb 7pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe, I love you man ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its ok Matron's been skipping on his medication again.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

that was a great victory and well done on a great effort especially against them with the likes of rooney up front. i was a bit surprised macdonald didnt get a straight red for that but with two players colliding probanly more concerned getting phyios on. obviosly a frantic end but great 3 points.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 19:35 No my good friend brucie, it was me. it's sad,quite pathetic really that you alone always seem to post negative comments concerning my posts. Never mind bruice, the net is closing in.
Dont be alone here Brucie, for coming back from a long spell out Wynter had a decent game, certainly better than Halifax and NOT poor like dawlish described.

He was further forward and linked up well with the midfield, he got in and won the ball on a couple of occaisions with quick reactions. I dont really know why you would think he would come back at 100%?
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

unitedinDevon. Maybe you have not grasped the context or maybe i have communicated my opinion of Ben Wynter poorly. Yes i believe he was poor against Solihull moors but i understand the reasons why. As many people have said, Wynter is coming back after a long injury and i believe that out of all the squad, both he and Asa Hall in my opinion are our best two players. I did say in my comments that we can put down his performance as being ring rusty. I don't believe he would have started last tuesday if a couple of other players were fit.
Concerning the sending off, well what was the keeper supposed to do, stand his ground and let the player have a free strike at goal. In my opinion he took one for the team. Guy Branston used to do the same every other match, that's why he was sent off around 20 times during his career
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Looking at the highlights I still can’t work out why MacDonald received his first booking as the ball was in play when he hammered it into touch. Having said that he would probably have got a straight red for the 2nd one instead of another yellow.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

brucie my friend. It is obvious that you are a tad jealous of my love for SNR. I would walk on hot coals or sleep on a bed of nails for that man. You however brucie, well i am afraid i would not get out of my armchair for you.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Just watched the highlights. The first yellow card was bizarre. Mac actually fumbled the ball chased after it and put it into touch. How can that be a yellow card? Watch the film at 8.53.Am I wrong?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

portugull wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 17:57 Just watched the highlights. The first yellow card was bizarre. Mac actually fumbled the ball chased after it and put it into touch. How can that be a yellow card? Watch the film at 8.53.Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong!

Whether we agree or not, the ball was given out of play for a corner and the referee had clearly blown his whistle for that corner before Mac kicked it into row Z or the Grand Union Canal. In answer to yeovilgull, he had scrambled the ball back into play but the (unseen) linesman must have flagged and the referee quickly blew his whistle (which, by the way, probably came from just down the road https://www.acmewhistles.co.uk/whistles ... -thunderer ).

He 'kicked the ball away', that was why he was booked.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

He kicks the ball away and then picks it up again and run with it towards his own goal. A clear cut yellow card for time wasting I think. The referees should be more consistent in giving cards when players pick up the ball to prevent the other team taking a freekick/throw in quickly. It frustrates the hell out of me. Also when it involves Torquay players. JUST LEAVE THE BALL :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

gateman49 I just watched it again and I did not notice the ref blew for a corner. So yes I see why he gave a yellow card. I was replaying the tape to see if Mac was at fault but in fairness to him the ball does not look out of play and Mac played the ball first and in the wind did not hear the whistle!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Fraser Kerr on his way out then. Couldn't force his way in to the side when he was fit which didn't seem to be very often. Good player no doubt but back up north it looks like . As said though tough for him out of the side and a long way from home.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I would have been disappointed if MacDonald didnt get a yellow card.
We were two up, holding on a little, playing into a hurricane. Other teams do it to us, we don't like it, so let's play for time. Push it as far as it will go and sometime take one for the team (our club we love).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 17:38 brucie my friend. It is obvious that you are a tad jealous of my love for SNR. I would walk on hot coals or sleep on a bed of nails for that man. You however brucie, well i am afraid i would not get out of my armchair for you.
Somebody needs a break from the internet :O
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com