Latest Bookmaker odds

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Latest Bookmaker odds

Post by dawlishmatt »

I notice that Sky Bet have installed Sutton as the new favourites to win the league. I have listed the odds below
Sutton utd 15/8
Torquay 9/4
Stockport 9/2
Notts County 13/2
Hartlepool 15/2
28/1 Bar
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Not bad odds after this evening.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sutton have shortened to 11/8 after tonights victory.

Unbelievable that they were losing 2-1 in the 86th minute and scored the winner yet again with a deflected shot with the last kick of the game. They are certainly looking the most likely winners at the moment.

They more or less play the same team every game, don't appear to get any injuries, and of course are virtually unbeatable on their home pitch which unsurprisingly gives them a massive advantage. In their remaining fixtures they face Barnet twice (which is nigh on 6 point guarantee) and of course we have to play them on their joke surface.

They have two more home games coming up. Perhaps the only hope s that after that I think they have something like 7 out of 8 away games. They go to Chesterfield, Bromley, Kings Lynn, Eastleigh, Solihull Moors, Boreham Wood and Halifax.

Would think that their luck will change sooner or later though, and hopefully they will pick up a few injuries and suspensions. All this is probably irrelevant though unless we can somehow get some of our injured players back and start winning games.
eddie5791
Trialist
Trialist

Post by eddie5791 »

Our form has been mid table at best since New Years so to pin our hopes now on other teams losing is a lost cause although l must admit was dumbfounded to see Sutton grab another win in added time tonight. Saturday is a must win game hopefully the start of another winning run..
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Long way to go but Sutton have the momentum and luck with injuries, don't think they've had a bad spell yet.
Trying to get some crumbs of comfort, the Hartlepool right wing back who was causing a lot of problems Saturday , admittedly against the woeful Barnet went off with a thigh strain last night and their away form is poor . We've really got to step up Saturday
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That could be a plus point for us - he was very good against a Barnet. He will be a big miss for them.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Regular centre back Ryan Johnson also missed the game with a groin problem. Let's hope it's nothing trivial - as John Cleese would say, mind you Halifax came here with about 8 missing and still won.
It really is down to us and how much we want it.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

And Halifax drew with Hartlepool last night so they are doing ok without a host of players. Hope they get a few back and then play Sutton!
If we can beat Hartlepool at the weekend, which won’t be easy as they will be smarting from the hiding we gave them earlier in the season,
It could become a shootout between ourselves and Sutton as a lot of teams are dropping points, Notts county only managed to draw with Kings Lyn as well last night.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Sutton have had the fortune of fewer games so far, and that probably has contributed to them apparently not having had too many injuries to date. I expect them to pick up one or two injuries along the way, but I doubt very much they'll have the massive injury list that we have.

For me, it's up to us; if we can get back to the form that saw us hammer Hartlepool 5-0 at their place, we'll win the league. I realise that's a hefty 'if', of course, but it does mean that our fate is still in our own hands.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

happytorq wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 21:12 .... our fate is still in our own hands.
Sorry but no. We have the reckoning of Dover results to be resolved and that will probably cost us 3 points so mathematically the best we can do is get to the play offs if Sutton win all their remaining matches.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

All we can do is win our matches and not concern ourselves with what others are doing. When you take your eye off the ball, that is when the wheels come off.
:lol:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Some of the wheels came off after Christmas!

I haven't seen anything myself on the Dover situation but it will have to be resolved somehow. Wipe the slate clean and, notionally, Sutton are already clear by two points but with just one game in hand (they haven't played Dover yet).

The alternative is that teams are given a walk over for unfulfilled fixtures with Dover but the end result is the same, we lose 3 points against Sutton (and, for that matter, Notts County) but they 'use up' a game in hand.

Perhaps then the pressure will get to Sutton as everybody will be sniping for them rather than us.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

gateman49 wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 16:31 Sorry but no. We have the reckoning of Dover results to be resolved and that will probably cost us 3 points so mathematically the best we can do is get to the play offs if Sutton win all their remaining matches.
Sutton have been the dark-horse in this title chase and congratulate them for their achievement to date, but a bit of a tall order expecting them to go on a 20 game unbeaten run to win the title. Long way to go yet - I have not written off Notts (big squad) or for that matter Hartlepool (six pointer Sat) from being contenders.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gateman49 wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 16:31 Sorry but no. We have the reckoning of Dover results to be resolved and that will probably cost us 3 points so mathematically the best we can do is get to the play offs if Sutton win all their remaining matches.
When I say 'still in our own hands' I mean that if we are able to recapture the form we had in the early stages, we will win the title. Get back to 2.2 points a game, and we're fine. Theoretically the results so far mean that if Sutton continue as they have, they'll get more points, but they have yet to have any sort of wobble or injury crisis, and the chances of that not happening seem very small to me. Assuming we can get back into form (and i said before, I'm aware that's a big "if") I don't think Sutton can sustain their momentum.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.