Torquay United v Hartlepool United, 6th March, 2021

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Looking on the bright side, we can all watch us win promotion at Wembley rather than few or none of us at Altringham.
Think I’d settle for second or third now and one home game to get to play off final.
Hopefully have players back and better form by May.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I just checked the Match Report for 31st October when we won 5-0 at Hartlepool.

Missing today were Covolan, Cameron, Moxey, Nemane and Wright.

It says it all really. Affects defence midfield and attack.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

If I was Johnson reading these comments I would be totally confused, wrong formation, wrong players, asking everyone to name the No 1 starting eleven and we would still have 17 or 18 differing players, Any talk about promotion or even the playoffs needs to be put on firmly on hold, while other clubs are hitting form we are hitting the buffers and no matter what Johnson comes up with it does not seem to work. Watching the game the things I noticed, Wynter has not recovered from his injury he never made one full sprint all game, we never had one shot outside of the six yard area and considering we have three or four players that have cracking shots that is a disgrace. Players were arguing with each other something I have not seen this season, we liked to play the quick pass but no end product and Hartlepool dealt with it all afternoon, the idea that Johnson has that loose lips sink ships is total b------s, any team only has to watch the game and they can negate us as efficiently as Hartlepool did today.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Confidence was really lacking today. My view is that, as supporters, we need to resist the urge to turn and worsen the problem. At the end of the day, purely based on points and position at this stage of the season, surely we'd have taken where we are? Let's take the positives!

Things can change very quickly and there is a long way to go. If we continue to fall then so be it but let's not lose all faith quite yet. Players see social media and we need to do our bit to install that confidence again. This is TUFC for goodness sake, it's just the way it always is and will be!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

standupsitdown wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 17:32 Looking on the bright side, we can all watch us win promotion at Wembley rather than few or none of us at Altringham.
Think I’d settle for second or third now and one home game to get to play off final.
Hopefully have players back and better form by May.
I am with you. Its all in the plan who wants automatic promotion with no fans... Lets get ready for Wembley play off final.... One hopes
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 18:28 Confidence was really lacking today. My view is that, as supporters, we need to resist the urge to turn and worsen the problem. At the end of the day, purely based on points and position at this stage of the season, surely we'd have taken where we are? Let's take the positives!

Things can change very quickly and there is a long way to go. If we continue to fall then so be it but let's not lose all faith quite yet. Players see social media and we need to do our bit to install that confidence again. This is TUFC for goodness sake, it's just the way it always is and will be!
Another great post. Although disappointed losing our grip. Playoffs are still a good aim and we would have settled for that at the beginning of the season. Remember its only our second season in the NL and we all remember the yearly relegation battles before that.
With players coming back from injury, We still have much to play for and are very capable of putting a great run together with a full squad.
Let's all keep the faith!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Yes I agree with that. It's not going to improve anything calling for heads. The next worse thing to having an injury crisis, is players coming back seeking their form. These things unfortunately run together and frustrating as it is, there is nothing we can do about it other than trust that things will improve week by week.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I would like to think nobody is calling for heads - we are still top of the league after all. Nonetheless, to see poor team play from a team of good players does deserve constructive criticism. OK players don’t like receiving criticism, but if we look back on our lives, we often find that our most significant moments of growth were driven by feedback and advice from others - including criticism. Sometimes players need an external push to point them in the right direction. As loyal fans we have a right to evaluate team performance and dole out constructive criticism in the hope that it will refocus the players to get back on track. Last thing we want is our players wallowing in self-pity.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Looking on the brightside Wrexham held Sutton !!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Dutchgull wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 19:27 Looking on the brightside Wrexham held Sutton !!
Even brighter is Sutton play two matches a week in March against the likes of Stockport, Halifax, Chesterfield, Bromley, Yeovil. If they come through that lot unscathed then who can say they would not be worthy champions
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dutchgull wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 19:27 Looking on the brightside Wrexham held Sutton !!
Yes in a day of gloom a ray of light,

we're still TOP

...maybe only for a couple more days but 'hope springs eternal'
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have never observed a Plainmoor crowd encouraging players to wallow in self pity !

Supporter sites are currently full of people telling individual players they swinging the lead etc etc.
Telling management their approach is wrong.

It's understandable to a extent it's been a really a horrible patch,but fitness and form are fickle - I do think we can express hope for a change of fortune.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 17:46 I just checked the Match Report for 31st October when we won 5-0 at Hartlepool.

Missing today were Covolan, Cameron, Moxey, Nemane and Wright.

It says it all really. Affects defence midfield and attack.
:goodpost:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Dazza wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 19:43 I have never observed a Plainmoor crowd encouraging players to wallow in self pity !
Except there is no Plainmoor crowd - constructive criticism is all we have
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

if Nemane is out for ages afast winger is badly needed