Play Offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 29 May 2021, 16:12 Why? We won at Chesterfield earlier this month without Boden, Wright or Whitfield.
Because it worries me that our forward line is weak, in my view evidenced by Johnson choosing Cameron (who was a striker but has been an effective central defender for some time) and was preferred in the attack over Waters, Umerah and Kipioka !!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I would like to congratulate Gary Johnson, the managerial team and the boys for a fantastic achievement this season.

Finishing second exceeded my expectation and was achieved with a lengthy injury list. We sit two games away from the 'Promised Land', with some luck we can still do it. Keep believing, support your club, stand up and fight until it is over.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Just got out of Dartmoor nick and seen we're in playoffs! What fing hell is going on, why do we keep bringing Benji on? bag of shite, bring back Reidy COYY
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I wonder when we’ll get an announcement about play off tickets.
Three weeks to arrange and sell them so shouldn’t need to be rushed.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

We won't get announcements about tickets until we know who we're playing I expect. Monday/Tuesday next week I reckon is when they'll be on sale.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Tickets on sale today and tomorrow for season ticket holders and Friday & Saturday for others.
Got mine!!!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 13:31 We won't get announcements about tickets until we know who we're playing I expect. Monday/Tuesday next week I reckon is when they'll be on sale.
Dont see why it matters who we're playing, home fans only & only bout 1500 available.
You'll all he pleased I won't be taking up the option of securing mine as I know our season is done & dusted.
Absolutely no chance of winning the playoffs, we've forgotten how to win !!
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 14:58 Dont see why it matters who we're playing, home fans only & only bout 1500 available.
You'll all he pleased I won't be taking up the option of securing mine as I know our season is done & dusted.
Also forgotten how to lose you weapon. 13 games unbeaten??
The team is better off without you. Go and support Exeter
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 14:58 Dont see why it matters who we're playing, home fans only & only bout 1500 available.
Hi Teigngull. You must also remember that we have forgotten how to loose. We have not lost in 13 games, since the 1-0 defeat at Dagenham on 13th March ( 8 wins, 5 draws )
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 14:58 You'll all he pleased I won't be taking up the option of securing mine as I know our season is done & dusted.
You're absolutely right, I am pleased that you won't be going.

I'm really not sure why you bother following the team, it seems to bring you zero happiness.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Glad that ticket will be going to a real supporter!
IOW Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by IOW Gull »

Nursery school comment from Teign gull, even if we don’t win I will be there and I will be there next year no matter what league we are in. Who wants supporters like him.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Great to see Supporters responding to Teigngull!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

"forgotten how to win" Teigngull must be playing devils advocate as there is no base line to his comment on a team that won more games this season than any other club with the exception of the eventual league champions Sutton. It's like saying Dover this season have 'forgotten how to lose" or "win" for that matter.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

MellowYellow wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 00:23 "forgotten how to win" Teigngull must be playing devils advocate as there is no base line to his comment on a team that won more games this season than any other club with the exception of the eventual league champions Sutton. It's like saying Dover this season have 'forgotten how to lose" or "win" for that matter.
Dover have just forgotten how to play :)