Play Offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I would've thought like most pro football contracts, the deal for Boden, Sherring, Randell et al runs til the 30 june.
Unless theres been a complete feck up by the administrative dept of the club.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Teigngull wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 09:21 I would've thought like most pro football contracts, the deal for Boden, Sherring, Randell et al runs til the 30 june.
Unless theres been a complete feck up by the administrative dept of the club.
Why do you care? Thought you had checked out for the summer…
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Road2League2 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 18:05 I think this is a bit optimistic, Notts looked naughty in the last 20. That ball to Ellis was sublime. Any team coming back from 2-1 down are dangerous...
That was because - as brucie alluded to - most of chesterfield's players were crocked - especially their unfortunate keeper who would have took that cross in his sleep had he been able to move.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 23:14 Didn't do so good when he was done for pace by Tyson who is nearly 40 and still outpaced Ellis who ended up 30 yards behind him.

He couldn't really miss the header seeing that the keeper was unable to move. Ellis is very good in the air (unless he's playing against Umerah) but he's useless on the ground.

If hes' so good then why has he only played half a dozen games for Tranmere in two years. What a shame we are missing the likes of Whitfield and Nemane because they would made him look like a complete clown.
I'd play Josh v Ellis and then get Waters running at him 2nd half.
Let's face it - the Queen Mary turns quicker than Ellis.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 10:01 Why do you care? Thought you had checked out for the summer…
Teigngull, I think that in normal times ( pre covid), the season ran from August to April and that contracts ran until the end of May.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 11:07 Teigngull, I think that in normal times ( pre covid), the season ran from August to April and that contracts ran until the end of May.
Pre covid the season went into May. With playoff finals in last week of May.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

How often did Ellis play people onside when balls were put through by Chesterfield yesterday?
One, with the benefit of replays, clearly onside.
No VAR at Plainmoor though lol
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 10:01 Why do you care? Thought you had checked out for the summer…

Because young man, a hell of a lot of stuff posted on this site needs some sort of factual spin on it instead if the moronic second guessing of GJ's mind set .
If Bodens contract, or any other player we'd have known .Yes I think our season is done & dusted but nowhere have I mentioned that I don't want us to prevail , it's just that I feel our winning mentality has deserted us & we seem to be scratching around & hoping to find that extra bit of luck needed to get through this play off campaign, it might work for one game ( I have my reservations ) but two NO CHANCE.
I stand to be corrected & will take the the derision & under hand humour if & when it comes.
I have the feeling it wont come
COYY
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Teigngull wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 13:56
Because young man, a hell of a lot of stuff posted on this site needs some sort of factual spin on it instead if the moronic second guessing of GJ's mind set .
If Bodens contract, or any other player we'd have known .Yes I think our season is done & dusted but nowhere have I mentioned that I don't want us to prevail , it's just that I feel our winning mentality has deserted us & we seem to be scratching around & hoping to find that extra bit of luck needed to get through this play off campaign, it might work for one game ( I have my reservations ) but two NO CHANCE.
I stand to be corrected & will take the the derision & under hand humour if & when it comes.
I have the feeling it wont come
COYY
OK boomer
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

To say that our season is done and dusted is just nonsense.

I actually think we won't get past Notts County because they are the team with momentum (and indeed had all the luck going yesterday) - and crucially didn't seem to pick up any injuries.

Lets remember that yesterdays winners took 90 minutes to get past a team whose goalkeeper couldn't actually move for three quarters of the game and also lost their centre half and star striker in the second half.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Road2League2 wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 12:01 There’s a message in the confirmation email to say that this is a common issue. Should be solved by downloading the tickets to your computer as a PDF
Thanks.
I'm not sure if the barcode I have is complete.
It has solid lines on two sides but not on the other two, so appears to be only part of the normal design.
It 's a pdf so I can't alter it.
Do other people have tickets like this or are they a full image with solid lines on all sides?
Thanks.
hr1001
New Signing
New Signing

Post by hr1001 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 10:27 I'd play Josh v Ellis and then get Waters running at him 2nd half.
Let's face it - the Queen Mary turns quicker than Ellis.

We wouldn't have put the cross there if their keeper had been fit.

I was surprised they didn't have someone on the line knowing their keeper couldn't move much
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

frustrating to see minimal social distancing and no masks being worn in both semi finals, if the NL are happy with this why are so OTT it seems?

i imagaine its the SAG who i dont think like us!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Good to see that results so far reflect the final league positions and the teams placed 2nd to 5th remain in the play offs. Let's hope this continues and we end up beating Stockport in the final at Bristol.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 17:34 frustrating to see minimal social distancing and no masks being worn in both semi finals, if the NL are happy with this why are so OTT it seems?

i imagaine its the SAG who i dont think like us!
Crack on and take your mask off I say