Torquay vs Notts County (Play Offs) 12/06/2021 Midday KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 16:07 Oh dear, a woke reply from a what ? An over excited Iindividual who ,at best, is happy his team has won a football match but achieved absolutely nothing so far.
There is still another game to play , and I hope we can prevail but.....
"woke" how very 2021 of you

back to your cave you little troll
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Teigngull showing his class...... or rather lack of it

Great battling result that a certain individual stated they were incapable of. How many games unbeaten is that now?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well having visited Plainmoor since 1954, OK I am an old git, this match has to go in my Top 3 for a truly epic performance by a team who just refuse to lose under Gary Johnson a really great Manager.

I suspected Danny Wright might start and after 55 seconds he had the ball in the net from a cross by Joe Lewis.

Make no mistake Notts County are a good side and they equalised on 39 mins with a terrific header from Rodrigues.

On 48 mins Adam Randell won the ball and sped forward before crossing to Wright who calmly shot home. Another assist from Adam.

We conceded again following a corner and the rest of the 90 mins the game was on a knife edge.

In extra time Asa Hall yet again made the difference with a perfect header from 8 yards and 3 mins later Dean Moxhey basted home a stone wall penalty.

The crowd of 1,709 seemed like 4,000 were magnificent and the pitch was a tribute to our Groundsman. Perfect.

A huge well done to the Club and the Fans who made this a day I will never forget.

One more win and we will be back in the EFL.

Finally to the players you wear the shirt with pride and it showed. Very well played.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Ok, other than begging that Teigngull be banned from this forum until after the final,while I am all for free speech his constant negativity is getting on my nerves to be polite, Southampton gull this Teigngull is not your alter ego by any chance,for everything positive you say he replies the opposite. Surely Teigngull if someone told you last October we would finish second, beat a very good side in Notts county and still without our first choice staring eleven you would have considered that a successful season and the icing on the cake is Johnson has extended his contract.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Superb atmosphere from 11.30. (But please no goal music).
Great performance.
I agree that scoring early may not have been ideal as we didn't push forward quite so much - but did again as soon as County equalised.
At half time I thought we'd lose as County seemed to be on top.
At 90 minutes when Wright went off I thought we'd lose, or penalties at best.
How wrong I was. The subs did well and we deserved the win.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ludlow Gulled wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 14:27 Anyone listening to Somerton and Virgo? It’s like they want Notts to win. Reluctantly, they’ve admitted Torquay’s relentlessness.

Time to add some shithousery to that - take your time, lads.
Complete bias pair of bells.
Virgo saying that Notts were the better team - look at the final score d*ckhead.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 16:41 Ok, other than begging that Teigngull be banned from this forum until after the final,while I am all for free speech his constant negativity is getting on my nerves to be polite, Southampton gull this Teigngull is not your alter ego by any chance,for everything positive you say he replies the opposite. Surely Teigngull if someone told you last October we would finish second, beat a very good side in Notts county and still without our first choice staring eleven you would have considered that a successful season and the icing on the cake is Johnson has extended his contract.
He came looking for a response and got his just desserts. He can toodle off back to BTPIR now where I'm sure he feels more at home. It was fun prodding him for a few days though.

On to bigger and better things for this squad now. I've really enjoyed watching the team this season so whatever happens next Sunday I'm full of confidence for 21/22
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Well have to say I chickened out this afternoon as the wife had a dental appointment at the kick off time, went shopping after and at the final time saw we were at 2-2. Put the bbq on and had a beer,red wine and looked again on the I pad and low and behold 4-2.Now full of Cognac and am extremely happy. Is it that G J will be here next season that gives us all great hope !.Fantastic result and well done to all including our owners.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Forgot to say that we have achieved nothing yet,the next game is the all important one so best of luck,we need the twelfth man but you have to be positive,
where my glass of red.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

We may not have achieved promotion yet however we have scored 4 goals against a good side, confidence will now be high and after several draws I couldnt be more happier considering our injury situation.
Anything can happen in a one off game but we have something in our squad under GJ that i havent seen for a few years, a never give in attitude who never know when they are beaten. When you have that desire and will to win we as fans couldnt ask for anything more.

The crowd were sensational today, i agree with Portugull that this was right up there as a one of the best performances I ve seen. Definately in my top 5.
Notts4me
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Notts4me »

Notts fan here, as disappointed as I am we lost today good luck in the final, you finished second in the league and deserve to go up, leagues don’t lie, good luck in the final 👍
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

My thoughts on the game. Notts county clearly are good on the ball, but it feels to me like GJ was happy for them to have it in their half and we just got in a solid shape. I feel like Gary knew what he was doing there.

If you break down the actual chances created, I.e an end product, we had the much better chances. They were limited to long shot first half and that one great header which he had no right to score from really.

ASA and CLE both were quiet for patches, but made the difference when the opportunity arose. Just showed their class and patience and I should never have doubted them.

So county will go out feeling they have a good account of themselves, but I think GJ had a master plan.
Agree that I think scoring so early hindered us. We didn’t know whether to stick or twist.

Disappointed with defending for their second. Poor challenge initially and Cameron barely reacts to the guy shooting when he’s nearest. But that’s a tiny issue and they learn from them.

Incredible, just incredible.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mo Gull »

Oh and teigngull is a melt.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Mbunga-Kimpioka Take a bow my son!
You came on and caused a nuisance of yourself right when we needed it!

Great day great match x
Graiser
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by Graiser »

Great win chaps, now win the Bleddy final and get back where you belong, best of luck
Green Army