Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

budegull1954 wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 12:30 Hmmm - I wonder if there is any truth in this 'news':

https://the72.co.uk/241945/sources-mans ... ay-united/

Jamie would make a great partnership with Danny Wright
There is absolutely no quote in that article from anyone associated with TUFC or even Mansfield Town. I bet Gary Johnson and every other manager in England would like to sign Lionel Messi and you could pen an article on that but it ain't going to happen.
So no, there is no truth in that'news'.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Would be good to have Jamie Reid back I reckon, but not sure how much truth there is in that. He seems quite settled in Mansfield and has just bought a house there in the past couple weeks; something you might not do if you knew you weren't in your manager's plans.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

All sorts of rumours re Reid on the Mansfield forum, they reckon he is going somewhere, not in their squad for their friendly this weekend, but clubs mentioned include Notts County, Stockport, Stevenage and us. Coughlan was clueless how to use Reid , but he seemed to do better when Clough came in, and would be surprised if he is prepared to let him go.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

But if your not injured and not involved in a friendly where substitutes are endless then I find it very peculiar
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Really?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

As I susoected several weeks ago, rumour and imaginery stories would feature heavily in our close season posts, the management at United definetely have a policy of no news on any subject and this vacuum logically leads to a small minority feeling the need to generate gossip that has no basis. I have read the Reid article and it seems it is more to do with someone, probaly his agent trying to generate interest in a player that is finding league football very difficult.
In my view his days at Torquay are over and it would be a backward step to re sign him, as some others have said on previous Reidy posts they think we had the best of him and I would agree with that.
As frustrating as it is lets wait and see who Johnson actualy comes through the door.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Christ… I wouldn’t want you around mine at Christmas lol
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Shaun MacDonald has been busy. Was on trial at Exeter, and recently at Dundee where he played the last 20 minutes of their friendly against West Ham on Friday.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 15:09
In my view his days at Torquay are over and it would be a backward step to re sign him, as some others have said on previous Reidy posts they think we had the best of him and I would agree with that.
It's a fair comment but I would be happy to see him back. We are still a national league side and our expectations of who we may sign can get carried away. Reids time at Mansfield will have improved him as a player and if he is wanting out then he would be a great asset to our squad, spear-heading our attack with proven goal scoring ability and knowledge of our set up - got to be better than signing a young fringe player trying to break into the mans game or an easily bored journeyman whose played for 10 clubs or more .
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw1989 »

And as for saying we’ve seen the best of him….. he’s 26
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

smw1989 wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 19:59 And as for saying we’ve seen the best of him….. he’s 26
Far too young to be considered by GJ then…
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I would just like to hear about A signing. Everyone else seems to be signing players! After all they have got my season ticket money😏
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We have made a recent signing, which has gone under the radar. Stuart, who ran Boots n Laces is back working in the office.
Welcome back. .
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Jamie Reid sold to Stevenage
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Would be nice to hear of any new signings coming in as we seem to be having a lot out, and we don’t what a make shift squad of Trialists
For are friendly games coming up soon.