Notts County v Torquay United Sat 28 August KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Notts County v Torquay United Sat 28 August KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United travel to Notts County for an eagerly awaited fixture and there is no doubt NC will be out for revenge after their play off defeat at Plainmoor on the 12th June.

Even if Asa Hall starts he may only last 65 minutes and although The Lemon is close to fitness I doubt somehow he will play 90 mins.

Realistically I see a Home win on the cards and predict 2.0 to County.

However Football is so hard to predict which is why the Bookmakers are rich and the punter rarely keeps the money he wins.

I am a glass half full guy and would so love to be wrong. COYY.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

This'll be my first game this season and first ever visit to Meadow Lane and after reading the reports and watching the highlights of the Altrincham game I'm not too confident of getting anything off Notts Co.

Hopefully the players will be fired up for this one after such a poor showing in the opening game.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Im going up for this and cant see any result being gained here with the current squad. Notts thrashed ten men at Barnet but will still be up for it. Really could do with Andrews fit to play on the left to give Moxey some cover. Hall will definitely have to start as we were woefully weak with two small midfielders in Little and Lapslie.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

And Notts have got a traitor in the ranks.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We will have to put in a hugely inproved performance from last saturday to get anything at County, listening to Johnsons midweek chat he appears to say that he will see how things shape after ten games, before !!!, well he never really finished that sentence, If I am correct we started with a squad of 22 ,we have loaned 2 and it looks according to Johnson as if Slough will go out as well to get game time, that leaves 19 less 2 keepers, so 17 for 10 places with no cover at centre back and just enough to fill the bench assuming all stay fit or do not get sent off, and we know with our luck and our players how that usually works out. Based purely on last week and the obvious strength of our oppenents I think 3-1 county, if we are lucky.
Donuts76
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by Donuts76 »

it seems inevitable we'l be beaten roundly. However we had a chunk of posseion last week and, perhpas more tellingly, the bookmakers see this as very hard to predict - if you can get 3-1 for us to win you are doing well. i'd price us at about 20-1 which reflects my betting record really - my dead certs are normally wrong. that suggests a home win is not the foregone conclusion we all think it is. In fact, (ive just paused for 20 seconds) my betting head says it wont be a home win.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

If I was offered a point, I would take it now. We have not beaten Notts County in a League game since 1966, and looks unlikely to be any different tomorrow.

Realistically 2-1 defeat looks like the result but if we play like we did last week it could be six.

I await to be surprised.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Believing an outcome is "inevitable" can be comforting and can give peace of mind, but the 'beautiful game' is not a predictable place. The only thing predictable about our match with Notts is its unpredictability,
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Nailed on a red card for this game. Cameron will be in for a tough afternoon
Lucy
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

On the 10:06 from Kings Cross to see my first match since Sutton away in March 2020!
Really looking forward to the day. Coming home with any points or money will be a great result.
Can’t blame Cameron for moving nearer home and doubling his money. Still hoping for the chance at some Geordie baiting
Coyy
TimC
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TimC »

Personally I would play 5 5 0 formation and hope for a nil nil.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

1-0 Torquay Secret agent Cameron o.g.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Tufc radio is crap, not going to pay anymore to listen to silence. Sort it out.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Nightrider wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 15:11 Tufc radio is crap, not going to pay anymore to listen to silence. Sort it out.
Radio Devon commentary is working.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Yes just changed over.