Structure. Plus a little Little.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Structure. Plus a little Little.

Post by Taelee73 »

Of he numerous things that became apparent yesterday, one is our lack of a structured half time for the subs.

Dover had cones set up, with a member of staff organising plenty of running and passing. We just had some keepie ups and static players, with no senior member of staff out there.

Do we need Downes in for the team talk? I'm sure Gary has that covered. Why isn't someone keeping these players interested in playing, as well as warm and ready to come on if needed?
Its obvious that Johnsons injury was caused by a lack of warming up.

Byron looked a mile off the pace, which is understandable, he actually looked a bit bewildered by what he was seeing tbh.

OK, Amarni, the disappointment is that he's the one player we look to for quality. A free kick or defense splitting pass, when it doesn't happen (which is pretty often) I can understand the groans. I've always kept my feelings in check till the last whistle, anything before isn't helpful.

You couldn't even call Dover limited, they offered nothing apart from a willing goalie, that's what made it a hard watch. They were there for the taking.

And the booing (which was unacceptable) was directed at the sponsors, and their choice of Man of the Match, not the player himself. No one up until that point had deserved to be awarded it. Although the second goal meant it couldn't be anyone else.

That's my take, we're a average side this season, with too many injuries.
Players playing with injuries, no match practice and out of position. You have to ask about this injury situation, it's been that way since the start.
Gary is the right man, but he won't accept he's getting some things wrong.