Torquay vs Bromley 5/03/2022

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay vs Bromley 5/03/2022

Post by Louis »

Home to Bromley tomorrow, let's keep this unbeaten form running... :scarf:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I still get flashbacks whenever Bromley is mentioned to that fateful day when Dean Edwards fancied hlmself as a Manager......and we got stuffed 7-3. He was not any good at Barnstaple either
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Bromley looked a strong side when we played them away!! Three big centre backs who never gave us a sniff of a chance!! We've improved since then so perhaps another draw!!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Let's hope we see the same level of commitment as the team showed against Boreham Wood.
It will be interesting to see how they play now that three draws have killed off the outside chance of the play offs but hopefully we can still finish the season strongly.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Another draw surely? Goalless??
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Its a "yellow and blue" day today to show solidarity for the people of Ukraine so don't forget to wear your home team shirts for the game!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

Modgull wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 12:23 Its a "yellow and blue" day today to show solidarity for the people of Ukraine so don't forget to wear your home team shirts for the game!
Or anything else yellow if you don't have club shirts!
Phil

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Can't underestimate the concentration required to play for a long period with 10men

definition of a well earned point but highlighted that we just don't have anyone to score a bloody goal!

I think it was a red but that was probably about the only thing the ref got right, unbelievably inconsistent with what constituted a yellow card, they fouled time and time again to prevent us trying to counter and got away with it all too often
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

After a bright start Bromley were poor and prior to the sending off we were on top and I think would have gone on to win.
It was probably a sending off but they should have far more booked and maybe then sent off.
Looked very much like we should have had a penalty in added time.
Given we had ten men for 55 minutes it was a good performance.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

This was a fine performance from United full of commitment and endeavour and sheer guts to take a point after Joe Lewis was sent off in the 38th minute.

We definitely had the better of the first half and in the second half without one of our very best defenders we kept our shape well and played some great stuff at times against a strong Bromley side who were hard to break down.

Tom Lapslie was tremendous several times going through 3 tackles and still coming away with the ball. I only mention Tom because I cannot think of many Footballers who have such tenacity, determination and pace with such a small stature. I love watching him play.

I could not fault anyone today and Gary seemed pleased with the performance from his team given we played 52 mins plus added time with 10 men.

In our first 27 games we only drew 4 times now we have just drawn 4 in a row.COYY.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Good prediction Wolborough
Two successive home 0-0 draws , must be a first for Gary .
Red card rather debatable as the free kick was given on the corner of the penalty area so the forward would have had to cut in a bit, doubtful if anyone would have got back to cover though. Certainly we would have been screaming for it.
In the end Bromley were grateful for a point , they had all eleven back in the penalty area for our late corners. Lapslie and Lemon unlucky not to score in the first half. I thought Hall and Martin had been declared fit before the game ?
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

A good draw at the end of the day.

I thought we played much better than recent games, but still missing a striker.

The red was a bit harsh, he was the last man and it was a foul but a goal scoring opportunity (?).

Our fouls got yellows but theirs didn’t !

Shame Wearne’s effort in the second half wasn’t on target .. great effort all round from the team - but only one point.

Would I have taken a point before kick off ? - prob not.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

4 draws in a row and only one of them can really be classed as a good point, already looking ahead to next season!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

This was another good, spirited performance which just lacked that quality in the opposition penalty area. First half was ours by quite a margin - 8 attempts with 4 on target but we were pegged back second half with only the one attempt by Wearne, off target. It was backs to the wall stuff at times but we cannot fault the commitment the team showed, especially given the way refereeing decisions went against us. The referee had an absolute 'mare - he was abysmal although the red card was one of his few correct decisions.

Bromley were huge throughout their squad and the highlight of the afternoon for me was the sight of Felix replacing Wright and having to mark Sowunmi (all 6'5" of him) at a corner late on!
Phil

Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

Pretty impressed with the overall performance yesterday against a very big team. Plenty of commitment and good defending but no real threat up front. Would have liked to see us pass and run more as they were so big they can't have been speedy. Abysmal ref who completely ignored the wrestling matches from their defenders and the guy who injured Little. How come Johnson was booked for complaining whereas Cheek moaned most of the match?? Nevertheless the whole team worked hard to overcome playing with 10 men.