Retained List 2022/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Retained List 2022/23

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It is anticipated that the retained list will be announced tomorrow with rumours in Devon Live that some contract offers have already been rejected in favour of offers from elsewhere.

Who do you anticipate will be staying and going?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Bye bye - THe Lemon, Lewis, MacDonald, Little, Wynter as they will depart for bigger clubs/wages

Farewell - Hall, Moxey, Lolos, Wright, O’Connell

As you are - Martin, Johnson, Omar, Halstead, Brozowski, Koszela, Piper, Moyse, Slough.

GJ will have a lot to do over the Summer.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

CLE to Walsall that's all I've heard

And we are chasing this 36 goal striker from poole
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Johnson said in an interview the other day that offers had been rejected.
Could see Moxley staying on as a player/coach. Do have a bit more faith in our no 2 keeper after the Stockport game. You forgot Lapslie.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Wolborough wrote: 15 May 2022, 16:22 Bye bye - THe Lemon, Lewis, MacDonald, Little, Wynter as they will depart for bigger clubs/wages

Farewell - Hall, Moxey, Lolos, Wright, O’Connell

As you are - Martin, Johnson, Omar, Halstead, Brozowski, Koszela, Piper, Moyse, Slough.

GJ will have a lot to do over the Summer.
Hope you are incorrect with Lewis and Wynter.....MacDonald will be gone as he has recently got a new agent.
Personally I think Lemon has blown hot and cold this season and done his time.....far too weak for my liking and too many missed chances
Little seems to play when he wants to......one season wonder in my opinion.....it will be interesting to see where he ends up and if he can progress .

Gaffer has a busy summer rebuilding for sure
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Other than the CLE to Walsall rumour, Stockport seem to believe they're in the running to sign one of our players who played against them. They seem to think The Lemon is that player as well.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonBee wrote: 15 May 2022, 17:30
...Personally I think Lemon has blown hot and cold this season and done his time.....far too weak for my liking and too many missed chances
Little seems to play when he wants to......one season wonder in my opinion...
I only wish the managers of the football league clubs vying for these two thought the same as you.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

To be fair I'm far more excited to see what players come through the door rather than what players we keep. Our league position suggests this current crop isn't good enough but all the same I don't begrudge anyone who wants to move on, personally I think MacDonald should stay for another season as a proven number 1 but that's his choice, out of the mentioned outfield players leaving I'm not too fussed as none of them have set the world a light.

I trust Gary Johnson implicitly with a full transfer window to shape a very competitive squad, I just wish I won the lottery so I can back him myself!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 May 2022, 18:42 I only wish the managers of the football league clubs vying for these two thought the same as you.
All about opinions and I respect that......as I say it will be interesting where they both end up , but more so what they will actually achieve when they get there !!!!
Naturally they will be on bigger money , and good luck to them.
We need new, hungrier and stronger. as they have both served their time here.....and for that we thank them .
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Think Halstead and Lapslie are still under contract. Expect Hall and Moxey to stay. Expect to lose Little, Evans, Lewis, McDonald. Hopefully Wynter and Martin choose to stay! Think the rest could be released.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

In his aftermatch comments Gary states that he feels the current group has had it’s best days and he needs to build a new group. Think the next few days could be interesting.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

yeovilgull wrote: 15 May 2022, 21:35 In his aftermatch comments Gary states that he feels the current group has had it’s best days and he needs to build a new group. Think the next few days could be interesting.
Yes, Gary normally plays it tight, to his chest, but the way he spoke, it certainly feels like any or all who played today may of played their last games for us.
Gull567
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Gull567 »

How many players need to come in?
Who do you want to come in?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I see Dave Thomas in the Torbay weekly is suggesting we are chasing Tony lee from Poole, 36 goals in 37 games, apparently we have had an offer turned down, only played at southern league or lower .Odd that no one else has snapped him up or considered he can make the full time game, I also hope that this is not what Johnson calls a marque signing.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Ooooooh - perhaps he will be as good as Holman?! Seems he’s had just one free scoring season, is 25 years old and could be a significant gamble.