PSF TUFC v Newport County 16 July

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

PSF TUFC v Newport County 16 July

Post by portugull »

Our first Home PSF v Newport County was a competitive match in very hot conditions on a brilliant pitch which is a great credit to Julian Gouldthorpe

and his team. I guess a lot of Fans opted for the beach but 1,062 including 182 Newport fans turned up to see a new look United.
Only 2 players who started the Match at Southend started on Saturday Mark Halstead and Ali Omar.

8 new signings were in the team and for me the first glimpse of our new recruits was very encouraging. The stand out player in the first half was our new Number 2 Dylan Crowe.A great signing very quick and with amazing anticipation. Not a big lad but looks a terrific player and a great replacement for Ben Wynter.

Brett McGavin 14 is a very tall guy, a man mountain sums him up and another player who I strongly believe will become a big favourite at Plainmoor.

Keiron Evans 11 on loan from Cardiff impressed and will be an important player this season the type of player who has a football brain which I suspect is well above National League level.

Ross Marshall,6 Ryan Hanson 7 and Shaun Donnellan 19 all looked useful and what stood out for me is that Gary has gone for players who are physically imposing and quick. We look much stronger and quicker.

Up front I liked the look of Aaron Jarvis 9 who looked sharp and Corie Andrews 10 who looks potentially very good when he gets up to speed in the next 3 weeks or so.

A word for Mark Halstead. Seconds before half time he flew across his goal to make a brilliant save and in the second half tipped a shot on to the top of the bar and over when Newport looked very likely to score. He looked secure on crosses and I think we may see a different goalie compared to his horrific start to last season.

All in all I think Gary Johnson has recruited some very good players and it will be really interesting to see how they cope with Argyle and Exeter in the next few days.COYY.