Olaf Koszela

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Olaf Koszela

Post by culmstockgull »

I see Tiverton have announced the signing of Olaf presumbably on loan and he played in their last friendly at Bideford, shame no one on the Torquay site can update our site.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

When you say he played he actually came on as a substitute in the second half. Seems to be as far away from our first team as ever though.

What is he now 19. In all honesty he hasn't really looked up to much in our friendlies either. He really ought to banging in the goals at Tivertons level if he is ever going to make an impression with us.

I think his loan indicates that we will see a striker on loan coming in as we seem pretty much bereft at the moment.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

We seem to have done a swap with the lad Johnson from Tiverton who scored a screamer on Tiesday against us and another cracker today for us, that is more than Koszela has done in a whole season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rogers
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Koszela, really is not up to National League football....and you have to say he probably never will be, if he has not made it by now.

Have my doubts about even scoring at Tivertons level but wish him well. Next stop Buckland!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Having 4 subs on the bench with no strikers is laughable. Bring back Olaf
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Koszela not up to National League football? Bit like the rest of the team then!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Woolborough, for several seasons I have been desperate for Koszela to make the grade, to take the next step, the reality is he hasnt and I am not sure he ever can. He drifts in and out and at times he painfuly shows he cannot be bothered esepcially when he is asked to play in a position or do a job he feels that is not right for him, last season I remember one match , may have been pre season when he was playing far right, he was patently sulking because he did not want to play there, answer he got subbed. I do not disagree that have our squad are in the same class but he would bring nothing to the team by returning.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Wolborough wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 18:51 Koszela not up to National League football? Bit like the rest of the team then!
Koszela is a weird one, he bulked himself up for pre-season. I thought he had a chance this season, and then he is loaned out ?
It is of no benefit to us loaning him out, if come May he will be allowed out of the door.....I am sure he will not be alone .
Embarrassing to have only 4 on the bench, are we not able to call him back as a benchman. Or is that not allowed ? :-/

On another note Alex Moyse who looked good pre-season in the games I watched is as good as 3 of our current squad midfielders , we know who they are . :}
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

DevonBee wrote: 24 Oct 2022, 19:08 Koszela is a weird one, he bulked himself up for pre-season. I thought he had a chance this season, and then he is loaned out ?
It is of no benefit to us loaning him out, if come May he will be allowed out of the door.....I am sure he will not be alone .
Embarrassing to have only 4 on the bench, are we not able to call him back as a benchman. Or is that not allowed ? :-/

On another note Alex Moyse who looked good pre-season in the games I watched is as good as 3 of our current squad midfielders , we know who they are . :}
Have to agree with you, from what I’ve seen of Alex he’s got the ability.

Olaf however, has proven time and time again he is not upto the standard. I would love for him to become a great player for us but from what I’ve seen, even in friendlies, he really isn’t good enough and how he managed to get another contract I really don’t know.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

For me Southern league Premier isn't challenging enough for these lads. The should be being tested at NLS or NLN level so they y have to play at a level not so far away from the NL level. I fear they're never going to learn the positional sense and decision-making speed/level we need in the Southern League.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I thought he was released to Dorch or somewhere. I thought he put in a good shift on the opening game of the season...