Torquay v Wrexham Tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We also gave Plymouth the whole Pop Side once. Most Torquay fans boycotted the match. I stood on the small terrace bellow the old main stand.
Other than the Pop Side I'm not sure how we can give Wrexham more than the away terrace and a couple of blocks in the bench. To give them more would mean shared entrances and facilities which I doubt the police / SAG would agree to.
In any case we've started selling tickets and have season ticket holders to consider.
I wonder how many of the six extra that Torquay fans can by will end up in the hands of away fans.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

If we are down anyway, I don't give a hoot about that game. Loads of fair weather fans and non gulls fans hoping to get a glimpse of ryan reynolds. I'd be fine if we took £1m, if ploughed it into the squad.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

standupsitdown wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 15:54 We also gave Plymouth the whole Pop Side once. Most Torquay fans boycotted the match. I stood on the small terrace below the old main stand.
Other than the Pop Side I'm not sure how we can give Wrexham more than the away terrace and a couple of blocks in the bench. To give them more would mean shared entrances and facilities which I doubt the police / SAG would agree to.
In any case we've started selling tickets and have season ticket holders to consider.
I wonder how many of the six extra that Torquay fans can by will end up in the hands of away fans.
Friendly Wrexham fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Friendly Wrexham fan »

DevonBee wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 17:39 I spoke with an Aldershot supporter the other week, she said Wrexham fans were able to obtain tickets in the Home end .
Lots were Americans she said.
When Aldershot ran out these Yanks thought it was Wrexham as the home team obviously wear red. The Gravy train brigade have not got a frigging clue 🙄
Sums the circus up that is Wrexham.
After the way they have treated us supporters at the Racecourse and there total lack of stewarding. I hope we limit their tickets for this especially after the way they smashed up the town last year.
The only way I will go is if it’s a must win for us, I do not want to see a bunch of lowlifes celebrating on our patch as we fall down the pyramid with a whimper.
Good riddance Hollywood… it will all end in tears.
I joined to lurk really, we have an interest in TUFC this season for obvious reasons.
The issues with your fans have been addressed, we restrict sales near visitors to members only, we have increased segregation areas and increased stewarding, and have has very few issues in the ground since, so if we do meet next season you should have a better experience.
Americans, and assorted new fans do show up when tickets go to general sale, they are friendly and excited to be at the games. We were all new fans, they pay for tickets so welcome them and the money they generate whether it's at Wxm, Aldershot, Torquay or anywhere else.
The trouble in Torquay last season was not Wxm fans.
Problems at Bromley were entirely the making of Bromley fc, check their message board.
TUFC tickets will all be taken by ST holders, difficult to see how wxm fans will get in the home sections unless TUFC fans sell them tickets.
Looking forward to the game, selfishly I hope your fate is sealed before then, and that I get a ticket.
Good luck
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

" if we do meet next season" !!!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Friendly Wrexham fan wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 10:54 I joined to lurk really, we have an interest in TUFC this season for obvious reasons.
The issues with your fans have been addressed, we restrict sales near visitors to members only, we have increased segregation areas and increased stewarding, and have has very few issues in the ground since, so if we do meet next season you should have a better experience.
Americans, and assorted new fans do show up when tickets go to general sale, they are friendly and excited to be at the games. We were all new fans, they pay for tickets so welcome them and the money they generate whether it's at Wxm, Aldershot, Torquay or anywhere else.
The trouble in Torquay last season was not Wxm fans.
Problems at Bromley were entirely the making of Bromley fc, check their message board.
TUFC tickets will all be taken by ST holders, difficult to see how wxm fans will get in the home sections unless TUFC fans sell them tickets.
Looking forward to the game, selfishly I hope your fate is sealed before then, and that I get a ticket.
Good luck
So if it was not Wrexham fans who was it that smashed up a certain pub . Americans on business no doubt 🙄
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

It's inevitable that some Wrexham fans will find their way in and sit/stand in home sections. Hopefully they will be dealt with by stewards but I certainly wouldn't count on it. As a season ticket holder I will keep going home and away until we are mathematically down. Hopefully and I know it may be wishful thinking I'll be at the Wrexham match with something to play for. Certainly won't turn up to watch an already relegated team, most of whom will already have their agents looking out for a gig for them in the NL next season get hammered by Wrexham. Difference a year makes when we beat Wrexham at home and drew away!!
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

I won’t be going to this game. We will already be down and I’ve no interest in watching Hollywood fc take apart our poor excuse of a team. Their fans will almost certainly cause chaos and perhaps a boycott by us fans would be a better option.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

thebigp1 wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 20:16 I won’t be going to this game. We will already be down and I’ve no interest in watching Hollywood fc take apart our poor excuse of a team. Their fans will almost certainly cause chaos and perhaps a boycott by us fans would be a better option.
Me neither. I’m done with the team this season. I’ll watch games on stream but I’ll await to see what the new season brings before I attend again.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Can you just stay away? Follow the team through the good and the bad, not just when it suits you, can't stand fair weather fans
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I say cash in - we will likely have 2000 tops at the game unless there is a chance of survival so why not let Wrexham have some fun and make some £££££ that could help us next season
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

GullsUnited wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 21:15 Can you just stay away? Follow the team through the good and the bad, not just when it suits you, can't stand fair weather fans
I’ve been supporting this club for 30 years, spending thousands and thousands of pounds in the process. Telling us fans to stay away because we are choosing not to attend THIS game for the reasons outlined above is hardly helpful.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

thebigp1 wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 21:44 I’ve been supporting this club for 30 years, spending thousands and thousands of pounds in the process. Telling us fans to stay away because we are choosing not to attend THIS game for the reasons outlined above is hardly helpful.
Yet you said you'll wait to see what next season brings before attending, how about support your club when they need it most
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

This hypothetical idea that Wrexham can have our stadium for hire, 1 game only, is utter bollocks, it won't happen, nor would be allowed to happen, the FA,NL, council and plod ALL wouldn't sanction it, there's to many f**ki g idiots on this forum banging on about "cashing in" "Hollywood FC" etc etc, it's starting to really piss me off now, we aren't (yet) a 7th or 8th tier level club, so why act like one, we talk about our club, our stadium, and yes these times are bad, but come on, to just let a rival club have our stadium??, NO, it's ridiculous and wrong, Ryan Reynolds could get the cheque book out, and offer whatever, but I seriously wouldn't take it or be part of it, and trust me, anyone who thinks it would raise money for next season is either thick or deluded, Osborne is winding the club up, he's lost any interest he had, it's non existent, so get real
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

GullsUnited wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 21:53 Yet you said you'll wait to see what next season brings before attending, how about support your club when they need it most
Just what is the point? This season is done; it’s over. We are down. Probably at the end of the season, the manager will be gone and most of the players with him, so who are you supporting?

Clarke Osborne - that’s who.

Don’t be so brainless. You be terrace-fodder if you like and line the pocket of George Edwards and Clarke Osborne but just look at what they’ve let happen to our club. Go ahead, nod your head and clap your hands and carry on pouring your money into their pockets but none of it is being put to good use. If it was, a club of our size would not be about to fall into regional football for a second time in 5 years.