New Signings for the 2023-2024 Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Admiral wrote: 24 May 2023, 15:07 Agree on Olaf, just thought Moyse was harshly done by at his age.
Yeah, Olaf had been given plenty of time to fulfil his potential. I'm not expecting his release to come back to bite us any time soon. Moyse seemed like he had some ability, but if he's not ready to compete for a starting place in NLS then there's little point in retaining him when that budget (however small) can be used to supplement the squad in ways that will actually help in the promotion race we expect to have.

He may end up with a decent pro career, but he's already...20 (?) and in the southern league - he'd really have to go some for that to happen.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

The change of scene and a drop in standard can help young players develop. Look at Dan Burn.

Attitude is almost as important as talent at that age. I'm not saying either of Olaf or Moyse have a problem on that, just that a mindset shift can kick start a career.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Lewis Collins has signed and what a signing that is! Looking like we are going to start next season with a better squad than we started with last year if we can continue this way.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 11 May 2023, 13:30 Dan Martin hasnt featured for a year - not sure why we would seek to retain him to be honest, perhaps a case of the manager filling his squad with players already here.

Nouble isnt coming so again its pointless mentioning him. I would hope that we could maybe ditch the likes of Marshall and Hanson - perhaps palm off the latter to Dover but I seriously doubt anybody would want them.

Is a centre back roster of Moxey, Marshall and Tomlinson good enough to win us the league? cant see it myself. There is a serious lack of pace in the 5 central midfield options.

Stobbs and Collins makes the squad look miles better but cant see either being at all viable - they are bound to get offers higher. Its more likely that we will end up with a Keelan O'Connell equivalent.

If Jarvis goes we have some huge gaps to fill.
:whistle:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Having played a key role in our improvement I thought that Stobbs and Collins were bound to have attracted the attention of other NL clubs, but more than happy that
they have signed.

So presumably you were confident that they would sign then - yeah right.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 02 Jun 2023, 17:32 Having played a key role in our improvement I thought that Stobbs and Collins were bound to have attracted the attention of other NL clubs, but more than happy that
they have signed.

So presumably you were confident that they would sign then - yeah right.
thought we had a chance with Stobbs since he was deemed surplus to requirements at a middling NL side. Collins is a surprise though, given he was at a League 2 side, and had done really well for us - felt he'd get at least a decent National League offer, maybe even League 2.

both of these do make me wonder what sort of contracts we've been able to put together, though. It doesn't seem indicative of a club trying to pinch every penny - although we'll be saving the money that Olaf, Moyse etc were on.

By my count we're up to 15 contracted players now, plus whatever happens with Martin and Lovett.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I said I thought NL clubs would be in for Stobbs and Collins - it looks a better team than last year to be honest
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Seems as though we haven’t reduced our footballing budget for next year.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Tom Blair from Weymouth?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

What about Tom Blair?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Forest gull wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 20:43 What about Tom Blair?
He left Weymouth in mid-may (contract expired) after a pretty good season for them. Suggestions today are that he's our next signing, although I haven't been able to find any actual sources, so probably best to take it with a pinch of salt for now.

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Rhys Lovett signs on.
Good 2nd keeper.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Now the transfer window is open for league clubs, is this the time we hear about Mr. Jarvis’s future?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Callum Thomas, centre back from under 18s signed.