Injuries.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

torregull wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 13:28 None in,but one out-Dylan Crowe to King's Lynn permanent transfer.
And another Marquee signing bites the dust !
Only another 4 to go 🤔 .
When as a right back you are unable to shake off a midfielder ( Donnellan ) and a centre half ( Marshall ) for your position it is time to move on for sure.
Looked good pre season when he signed but Johnson has managed to Torquayfy him to his way.
Will no doubt come back to haunt us like another one of Johnson’s super signings Corrie Andrew’s 🙄
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

It's surely the right decision to let him go. GJ clearly does not believe in him and if he's not going to be picked he's best to leave.
Not sure what's happened to him but Dylan has looked short of confidence and is best to go nearer home where hopefully he will settle back in. He is also one less off the wage bill.
I wish him all the best for the future, I hope his career picks up again.
Good luck Dylan.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

what is this rumour of Duane Ofori-Achempong coming back!! christ - free agent
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 08:42 what is this rumour of Duane Ofori-Achempong coming back!! christ - free agent
Has anyone told Johnson yet ?
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Yes, Duane is back on a short term deal.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Off injured. :(
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

To put things in perspective, we only just scraped a draw with a poor Dover side at the start of the season. At that point we did not have an abundance of injuries!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Wolborough wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:39 To put things in perspective, we only just scraped a draw with a poor Dover side at the start of the season. At that point we did not have an abundance of injuries!
Dover weren't that poor - I was at the match, and as I pointed out on another thread Torquay made them look like Brazil after the first 20 minutes or so. Some of the Dover players were doing step overs and back heels, much to the enjoyment of the home crowd! Asa Hall got clobbered at one point and I wonder if that was the start of his injury-ravaged season.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

budegull1954 wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:44 Dover weren't that poor - I was at the match, and as I pointed out on another thread Torquay made them look like Brazil after the first 20 minutes or so. Some of the Dover players were doing step overs and back heels, much to the enjoyment of the home crowd! Asa Hall got clobbered at one point and I wonder if that was the start of his injury-ravaged season.
after the first 20 minutes, though, Torquay were 2-0 up and cruising. All accounts I heard suggest that it was we let them back into the game - classic Torquay.

The season was fun for that first quarter of the match, though - we were going to crush all before us!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Respectfully asking any future TUFC manager not to sign talented but injury prone players, experienced but injury prone players or offer new contracts for injury prone current players.

I have slight sympathy for Johnson with the team plan being disrupted on the day before the match with Duane and Stobbs both suffering new injuries and then Craske during the match.

However certain players need to be moved on.

Lapslie (even though an easy MOM yesterday) he will miss 10-15 games a season.
Hall, great 3 seasons ago.
Hanson, no words needed.
Craske, same again.
Dawson, was great for 10 games.
Martin, poor player and always seemingly injured.
Duane A, bit unfair, but to be injured twice in 2 weeks.

I'm sure I've still missed a few, but none of these players should be at Torquay next season.

Stobbs and Jarvis I think have had freak injuries that will hopefully not lead to longer term issues.

Collins, poor attitude, one good moment in ten, Goodbye.

Tbh seeing the reserve goalie laughing at half time while we were 0-3 down did irritate me. They're not robots, but at least look as though it hurts.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Taelee73 wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 09:16 Respectfully asking any future TUFC manager not to sign talented but injury prone players, experienced but injury prone players or offer new contracts for injury prone current players.

I have slight sympathy for Johnson with the team plan being disrupted on the day before the match with Duane and Stobbs both suffering new injuries and then Craske during the match.

However certain players need to be moved on.

Lapslie (even though an easy MOM yesterday) he will miss 10-15 games a season.
Hall, great 3 seasons ago.
Hanson, no words needed.
Craske, same again.
Dawson, was great for 10 games.
Martin, poor player and always seemingly injured.
Duane A, bit unfair, but to be injured twice in 2 weeks.

I'm sure I've still missed a few, but none of these players should be at Torquay next season.

Stobbs and Jarvis I think have had freak injuries that will hopefully not lead to longer term issues.

Collins, poor attitude, one good moment in ten, Goodbye.

Tbh seeing the reserve goalie laughing at half time while we were 0-3 down did irritate me. They're not robots, but at least look as though it hurts.
Tbh, I bet he wasn't on his own....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Too many at the club on this easy journey.
Most will be gone as there contracts end, and good riddance as they were not good enough last season and ain’t good enough for this pub league as has been proven.
Amazon are recruiting, but guess they would have to put in a shift. As for Lovett at half time, he has had a smile on his face since he signed and is happy smiley all the time.
Even the stats guy on his walk was told yesterday on his walk to the gantry was told ‘he was part of the problem’