Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Taelee73 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 09:01 For goodness sake Yeofan, will you give it a rest. Nothing worse than an ‘I told you so’ post.

You alluded before you have lots of experience in fund raising, have you offered your services yet?
Maybe just enjoy your clubs success, or get them to reproduce the fantastic gesture Weymouth did for us.

Obviously the other interested party is Osbourne who must also be trying to get funding together and doesn’t want an alliance with TUST.
I do not see Osborne wanting anything more to do with the club in any shape or form, Edwards may be a diffeent story and while he is still in the directors chair has unique insight of any other bids and by whom.
The club up to now has had a deep seated antaganism towards the TUST for reasons I do not fully understand, yes they can probably play as dirty as osborne with unofficial briefings to councillors and MP,s but there are good reasons why the club kept the TUST at arms length and yesterday showed me one of those reasons, we have heard that the TUST along with several business people have lodged a bid for the club, as such they would have signed a non disclosre agreement after which they would have been given access to the clubs running costs and outstanding debts, yesterday Nick Broderick saw fit to break the first rule of non disclosure by stating the club costs a 100K a month to run., information he could only have got from the club.In the utopian world of many bidders that would have got the TUST disbarred from making any form of bid because they cannot be trusted.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Mysonjackg »

Culmstockgull

Please can I correct you on a factually inaccurate comment you have made above where you have "alleged" that Nick Brodrick has broken an NDA. This information is freely available in the public domain and is no "big secret". You can see it for yourself if you would care to look at Companies House. https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

Sadly, I'm afraid it is comments like this and misinformation that lead people to form incorrect opinions on TUST. Why you have this view of a team of dedicated supporters of the club is beyond me.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

Taelee73 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 09:01 For goodness sake Yeofan, will you give it a rest. Nothing worse than an ‘I told you so’ post.

You alluded before you have lots of experience in fund raising, have you offered your services yet?
Maybe just enjoy your clubs success, or get them to reproduce the fantastic gesture Weymouth did for us.

Obviously the other interested party is Osbourne who must also be trying to get funding together and doesn’t want an alliance with TUST.
I have tried to get them to do the Weymouth offer, for whatever reason they have declined.
As for services, after you called me a moron and said good riddance, I wasn't particularly tempted.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

It's all very well quoting the Exeter City model
but we won't have the 10 million, and it is at least that, from transfer fees and add ons that kept them full time and got them to League One.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

The question replied to was:

Sounds a great idea for fans to run a club BUT needs the proper people in charge,
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Fair enough but you did say 'this model has taken them from National League to League One' Anyway I appreciate all efforts being made to save the club .
sandowngull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by sandowngull »

North Curry House wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 07:30 I have grave doubts about the calibre of the TUST personnel, which are shared by real business people (past and present). It appears more about them than the club.

I question why a small minority of "fans" are in talks with potential owners and what right do they have to represent every other supporter - when were they elected? and by who? Certainly not me!

Sounds a great idea for fans to run a club BUT needs the proper people in charge, NOT the butcher, the baker, fish & chips shop worker, retired teacher and supermarket worker......None of whom I want representing me or my club.

Speaking to a top TUST member yesterday, he was mentioning the talks they are having with potential buyers, saying Edwards had wanted to get his hands on the cash donated to pay wages etc. He also said, when asked that he thought the club were "a couple of months" behind with HMRC payments, which would be a concern for me.

I hope the local man, made good can take over quickly and sort the club out......from top to bottom - on and off the pitch.

The sooner Osborne and the arrogant Edwards are jettisoned out of Plainmoor, the better.
Good Morning North Curry House

I have read your comments and wanted to try and allay your concerns if I could.

Firstly, you may not be aware that TUST now have 817 members as at 8.30 this morning and therefore a growing number of supporters are placing their faith in the actions of the TUST Board. The TUST board are made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds who give up their time and meet their own costs (which are considerable in respect of the TUST Chairman who lives in Somerset and travels up and down to Torquay for meetings all the time). As the TUST Official mentioned earlier, the board is democratically elected.

None of the TUST Board would profess to be "experts" on football matters, but they are all hard-working dedicated TUFC supporters. Anyone can put themselves forward for election to the board and therefore if you are not a TUST member and wish to get involved, I would encourage you to join and put yourself forward if you have something to contribute. As far as I am aware there are no butchers, bakers or fish and chip shop workers on the board (not that I think it would matter), so if you run a curry house I'm sure you would be most welcome!!

In all seriousness, you can take it from me (if you want to believe me) that none of the individuals on the TUST board have inflated egos or indeed any desire to push their head above the parapit so am not sure what you refer to when you say "it is more about them than the club". Indeed, if the TUST / Consortium approach is the only game in town and things move forward, I think I can safely say that any revised board of directors at the club would be people who have the requisite skills to perform the roles they need to fulfull. I don't know of any TUST board members who have any desire to want to try and fulfill such a role. These are people who would rather beaver away in the background and get things done rather than court any publicity or attention. Sure, there has to be spokespeople and therefore you have the right people speaking to the media who are best equipped to do that, but this is certainly not "about them". Instead, I am sure any future board positions would be considered for any interested applicants who have the requisite skills/ knowledge and importantly time!

The businessmen who would form the consortium are all "savvy" and "successful" individuals who also are lifelong TUFC fans so they only have the best interests of the club at heart. They bring with then fresh ideas and access to resource which when coupled with the human capital that TUST may be able to lean on from its' 817 members will hopefully bring about a real "in it together" ethos.

You also make the comment "I question why a small minority of "fans" are in talks with potential owners and what right do they have to represent every other supporter - when were they elected? and by who? Certainly not me". I think I may have answered the election question, but of course that only refers to TUST members. In terms of what right TUST have to represent every other supporter, then you are are correct as they can't of course represent every supporter unless every supporter is a member of TUST, but then again they are the largest supporter organisation on behalf of TUFC representing around 40% of the average attendance, so I would suggest in the absence of any other set of fans they have as much reason as anybody to want to try and save the club.

The point us, I am of the strong belief that sadly a large element of our fanbase perhaps don't quite realise the significance of the situation we are in as a club right now. We would all like to have someone with big pockets and a local fan come in and bank roll the club indefinitely so we can merely turn up on a Saturday afternoon and watch the football. Trust me, I would like nothing else. However, I haven't seen one of those around. Indeed, if there was one in the background I am sure the TUST board would welcome him/her with open arms. So, what is left? Do we stand by and let the club fold just because our first choice sugar daddy approach fails or do we all pull together as fans and do what we can to save the club?

So in summary, I would call on all supporters to set aside their scepticism and instead focus on where we are now and how we can move things forward on the understanding that we all want the same thing for our beloved football club. I am sure you do, or you would not waste time on a forum commenting accordingly. Therefore, I would never deride someone's opinion, but nevertheless I would always want to try and alter their way of thinking if I honestly believed there was reason to do so. With that in mind, feel free to drop me a PM and I will happily have a chat with you if that helps. Apologies if that sounds patronising, I didn't mean it to, but hopefully you get the gist of what I am saying?

All the best

Matt
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

Thanks 😎
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Sick of people moaning and looking for flaws in a group of people trying their damn hardest to keep this club alive. What exactly do you want? No one is riding over the hill with billions to chuck into a bottomless pit.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 13:18 Sick of people moaning and looking for flaws in a group of people trying their damn hardest to keep this club alive. What exactly do you want? No one is riding over the hill with billions to chuck into a bottomless pit.
Well said, I agree completely.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

TUST_Official wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 08:34 If you look at the Exeter model........ This model has after all, taken them from the National League to league one.
But in order to do that Exeter remained full time. We are one of the best supported teams at our level and other clubs have been full time at this level as well. If we go part time that will probably result in lower gates and less likelihood of being able to climb back.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Mysonjackg wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 11:31 Culmstockgull

Please can I correct you on a factually inaccurate comment you have made above where you have "alleged" that Nick Brodrick has broken an NDA. This information is freely available in the public domain and is no "big secret". You can see it for yourself if you would care to look at Companies House. https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

Sadly, I'm afraid it is comments like this and misinformation that lead people to form incorrect opinions on TUST. Why you have this view of a team of dedicated supporters of the club is beyond me.
I apologise if my comments are deemed inacurate, the figures suggested by Nick are three years old based on company filings for 2022 so actually for the season 2021, so must be considered totally irrelevant today, as an aside, look at one recent statement, the TUST say that they deem the only way forward in the short term is part time football obviously based on three year old figures, unless the tust has access to current information that you havent shared, who exactly took this strategic decision for part time working and what alternatives were explored. and why were your views but not necessarily the views of the membership at large not shared before making this decision..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If we go part time we are accepting that we will not be going any higher. Due to our geographical position we will have no chance of competing for players with the London based clubs.

On this basis any comparison with the Exeter model is completely ludicrous. I'm sure that the TUST bid is well intentioned but there will be zero chance of us operating in any higher league than we are doing now, and it is unlikely attendances will drop as in line with expectation levels on the playing side.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

You buying any shares Brucie or just going to moan and be pessimistic. Stand up and be counted!
TUST #324
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I would have thought it possible to have a mixture of full and part time players. The spine of the team and manager full time. Is this not possible? I would suggest the club has been badly run if the figures of £100k correct. There are other teams at this level doing fine on much lower gates than ours.