Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... d09wyqe4po

Congratulations to all involved. :clap:
Looking forward to a sustainably run club and also to be able to get involved in the club too! :clap:
Bryn bites again!! :nod: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well that seems all very odd. Seems like the original Preferred bidder has pulled out.

If we go part time thats it finished.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

brucie wrote: 01 May 2024, 12:56 Well that seems all very odd. Seems like the original Preferred bidder has pulled out.

If we go part time thats it finished.
They may stay full time for a season in view of attracting new investors/selling a stake.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have it on very good authority that the Consortium Members are all lifelong supporters, very genuine guys with no egos and a committment to the future as a community club.

I know you might be thinking "almost too good to be true" but I trust my source and I do feel the future is bright.

On our 125th Birthday as a Football Club let us all try to look to the future in a positive and constructive manner.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

So not Brew-dog, not the owner of The Range, not some guy who runs Legends matches, not Edwards............ hopefully just decent people in it for the long run, to make us sustainable and hopefully successful. Could have been worse.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Good news on may day, lets see how it pans out, the suggested previous preferred bidder obviously had the cash or else they would not have been in the position of being preferred, did they discover a black hole in the finances, who knows, but we are left with the Bryn group, interestingly neither Traylor Begbie or the local news articles make any mention of TUST involvement. I see nick broderick has said on devon live, we can be that safety net if the bidders cannot get it over the line by the league AGM, possibly to arrange for us to play in the western league as a phoenix club but anything more is just wishful thinking, they have very little cash and their crowd funder failed in a big way.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Time will tell if this is good news , but we must remain full time. If we dont, regional football is as far as we’ll ever go. Crowds will dwindle & NL S will be our ceiling
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

My understanding, based on what's been announced to date, is that the Bryn consortium always planned to take over the club if their bid was chosen. If that happens, TUST will run a share issue to raise £150k and have a seat on the board. Until the takeover is complete, they are likely preparing for the share issue, but it won't launch until the ink is dry.

Being a safety net I assume refers to the original preferred bidder, who are indeed now out of the running and the Byrn consortium are in line to take over.

Plan A was always for TUST to join their bid as soon as they completed, so I suspect once the takeover is finalised, you'll hear about a share issue and TUST raising funds to buy into Bryn.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Anything involving TUST will be a complete disaster
RodneyJacksRightFoot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RodneyJacksRightFoot »

I think everyone can be happy that we at least have a club and that anyone associated with the old regime should be sent packing.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 01 May 2024, 16:04 Anything involving TUST will be a complete disaster
That’s a strange comment to make about a very professionally run organisation, with membership of about a third our average attendance (much higher than most trusts) and with the interest of the club and its fans foremost.
I really don’t understand why a few people feel the need to be so negative.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 May 2024, 15:05 I see nick broderick has said on devon live, we can be that safety net if the bidders cannot get it over the line by the league AGM, possibly to arrange for us to play in the western league as a phoenix club but anything more is just wishful thinking, they have very little cash and their crowd funder failed in a big way.
Any chance the guy can keep his mouth shut in what is a delicate negotiation? All the other interested parties have followed the non disclosure rules. Except Broderick!! All about him!!!
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Great news about the Bryn Consortium. Can’t wait for the transfer of ownership to be completed. Look forward to hearing their plans for the club.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 May 2024, 16:35 That’s a strange comment to make about a very professionally run organisation, with membership of about a third our average attendance (much higher than most trusts) and with the interest of the club and its fans foremost.
I really don’t understand why a few people feel the need to be so negative.
Because they have insufficient funds to get anywhere near a successful bid. Publicity seeking only.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

TUST aren’t bidding to own the club.