Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

happytorq wrote: 02 May 2024, 00:06 Genuinely don't understand the hate that the Trust seems to engender. For 6 years we had an ownership group who patently did not give a toss about the actual club or the fanbase.

Do you want people involved who care about the club? That's the Trust

Do you people involved who want the club to have long term future? That's the Trust

Anybody who is financing a lower league club expecting to see a return on investment is bonkers. You pay your hundred quid, or whatever it is, to feel involved with the club and connecting to this worldwide community of people who - for whatever reason - care about what happens to this small, provincial and (let's be honest) mostly terribly mediocre club. That's the reason for engaging with a share issue.
I don't understand the hate towards TUST either, strikes me as a bit jealousy in certain quarters maybe, I'm not a member of TUST I can see the work they've done to help secure the future of our club while others just talked, that I'll always be grateful for. My suggestion aimed at Nick Broderick is not to take any negativity to heart, in all walks of life you stick your head above the parapet there always be someone wanting to shoot you down.

The highlighted part are in-line with my own thoughts entirely, and you've put in better words than I could. I've always maintained I'd buy into a community share issue, not thinking I'll sit on the investment and sell my stake sometime down the line, but for every reason you have outlined here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Funny isn't it. I do know Nick Brodrick from speaking to him at matches etc. I find him to be a quiet measured individual who works tirelessly for the benefit of the club. The very last person who would big himself up and seek publicity. The trust haven't breached any NDA by saying they are there if no other offers were evident. They were the back up to ensure the continuity of the club. They will be there to provide support for the new owners whom I expect will embrace their input being they are the representatives of the fans.

We must not forget that on the forums there are people who aligned themselves to the outgoing regime and probably received favours by reporting back to Osborne and his cronies who sought to create disaffection amongst the fan base by dividing them and in particular denigrating the trust who stood up to them. It made no sense having this dislike and ostracisation of the trust and we should be grateful they have been representing us under extremely difficult circumstances throughout the Osborne tenure.

I am pleased with the announcement yesterday and we should all get behind them. Their motives are light years away from Osbornes. Bryn want Torquay United to prosper as we all do. And for that alone, I quote a hackneyed expression, 'we are all singing from the same hymn sheet'. With Osborne, we were up against a regime whom Torquay United meant nothing.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Mysonjackg »

:goodpost:
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I wonder if Neil Warnock will be involved in any way?

Also wondering if fans will be able to buy shares?

All sounds exciting and looking forward to seeing how things progress! COYY
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:37 A minor point. Is it four or five consortium members? According to Companies House, Westcott and three others (Bowes-Cavanagh, Allen and Robinson) became directors of Scoring Goals Limited today. I can see no reference to Rob Hawes who was named as one member of the consortium under the new ‘preferred bidders’ by the club administrators –

Robert Hawes is shown as one of the directors of Scoring Goals Limited, active as of May 1st

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Really mean this in the nicest possible way, but what's this fixation of Neil Warnock?, he was a caretaker manager for a handful of games over 30years ago now, we need a clean slate, no going back to the future, Neil deserves to put his feet up, get on a sun lounger and enjoy his retirement, not at Plainmoor in any working role
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not a fixation. Warmock is linked with Westcott so likely to have some input. It he has some contacts I would have thought that might be useful.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The Great Muta! wrote: 02 May 2024, 20:04 Really mean this in the nicest possible way, but what's this fixation of Neil Warnock?, he was a caretaker manager for a handful of games over 30years ago now, we need a clean slate, no going back to the future, Neil deserves to put his feet up, get on a sun lounger and enjoy his retirement, not at Plainmoor in any working role
Who is fixated?

Having a opinion from a man who's been in football for a long time and will have contacts right across the country is a big plus

Gives our (hopefully) new consortium some football credibility rather than just business

Certainly had neither under CO
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Loads of posts under various topics wondering whether Neil Warnock will be our new manager, owner,part of a consortium etc etc, I get that he's had a wonderful career in the industry, a real character and football man, but we need to progress and leave Neil to enjoy his retirement, I don't see the need for him to be involved, he had his farewell up at Aberdeen...
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Neil has often said that it was his brief spell at Torquay that made him fall in love with football again. If he can help us in any way, be it his advice, his useful contacts or even just some positive publicity then that’s got to help our cause.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Great Muta! wrote: 02 May 2024, 21:31 Loads of posts under various topics wondering whether Neil Warnock will be our new manager, owner, part of a consortium etc etc, I get that he's had a wonderful career in the industry, a real character and football man, but we need to progress and leave Neil to enjoy his retirement, I don't see the need for him to be involved, he had his farewell up at Aberdeen...
Why can't he help us/the consortium "progress?"
I'm sure, after seeing him close up and on TV over the years, he would tell us he's officially retired - and why can't he do both if he wants?
You might not see the need, but he might....
Why not wait and see what happens?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

samuel wrote: 02 May 2024, 09:42 Funny isn't it. I do know Nick Brodrick from speaking to him at matches etc. I find him to be a quiet measured individual who works tirelessly for the benefit of the club. The very last person who would big himself up and seek publicity. The trust haven't breached any NDA by saying they are there if no other offers were evident. They were the back up to ensure the continuity of the club. They will be there to provide support for the new owners whom I expect will embrace their input being they are the representatives of the fans.

We must not forget that on the forums there are people who aligned themselves to the outgoing regime and probably received favours by reporting back to Osborne and his cronies who sought to create disaffection amongst the fan base by dividing them and in particular denigrating the trust who stood up to them. It made no sense having this dislike and ostracisation of the trust and we should be grateful they have been representing us under extremely difficult circumstances throughout the Osborne tenure.

I am pleased with the announcement yesterday and we should all get behind them. Their motives are light years away from Osbornes. Bryn want Torquay United to prosper as we all do. And for that alone, I quote a hackneyed expression, 'we are all singing from the same hymn sheet'. With Osborne, we were up against a regime whom Torquay United meant nothing.
Cracking post throughout. :goodpost:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Warnock has said himself that he has no interest in managing, whether that changes if he were to spend more time at a Plainmoor, who knows. I agree it would be best not to follow that path, but to have someone around for his knowledge and to maybe help inspire the players we will have to achieve more than they are, priceless

His knowledge of football and how it all works in a successful club would be helpful, certainly at least in the short term.

Whatever, he has been one of the most colourful and well known managers in the last 30 odd years and he must still have friends or at least the gratitude at many clubs.

Yes he only managed us for a handful of games, but in a very short time he turned a bunch of no hopers who were free-falling into relegation into a united team larger than the sum of its parts, one that would simply not be beaten.

If it’s just a retirement project, with advice to the manager/players and the possibility of decent players coming our way, then I’d welcome anything he offers even if it’s short term again.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Warnock is not everyone’s cup of tea – unless you like your brew with a hint of acid. He divides opinion. Nonetheless, I do not wish to see us once again circling the plughole to Southern League football and would gladly have a man who has managed over 1,700 games across four decades in an advisory role to launch our new golden era.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

The Great Muta! wrote: 02 May 2024, 20:04 Really mean this in the nicest possible way, but what's this fixation of Neil Warnock?, he was a caretaker manager for a handful of games over 30years ago now, we need a clean slate, no going back to the future, Neil deserves to put his feet up, get on a sun lounger and enjoy his retirement, not at Plainmoor in any working role
Neil Warnock has managed far bigger clubs and had a huge amount of success. I like his no-nonsense attitude and having someone overviewing what we are doing would surely be a good thing.

I think some kind of consultancy role closeby to where he lives would suit him and suit TUFC to rebuild for the future.

Remember, "YOU'VE GOTTA DIE TO GET 3 POINTS!!!!!"