First pre season games announced

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

First pre season games announced

Post by TommyGunn »

Away at Buckland 12th July and home to Exeter 30th July.

What a pleasure it is to see professionals running our club after the nightmare years. Must admit I was quite low a couple of weeks ago. But the last 10 days have given me so much confidence. Thanks to Bryn and Neil Warnock. :bow: Can't wait for the season to begin now. :scarf:

https://torquayunited.com/united-line-u ... riendlies/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 May 2024, 15:48 Away at Buckland 12th July and home to Exeter 30th July.

What a pleasure it is to see professionals running our club after the nightmare years. Must admit I was quite low a couple of weeks ago. But the last 10 days have given me so much confidence. Thanks to Bryn and Neil Warnock. :bow: Can't wait for the season to begin now. :scarf:

https://torquayunited.com/united-line-u ... riendlies/
You were not the only one at a low point. I closed the book on Torquay after the Taunton and Tonbridge matches back in March. The whole club set up was a drainer of expectations, a dasher of dreams and a stripper of any history or honour that ever went before this club. Fast forward and cut a long story short the club has been transformed overnight, a fanbase has been given hope and dreams once again with new owners’ who aim to repair the clubs standing in the footballing world. I along with you and many others cannot wait for the new season to begin. Welcome back Torquay United!
xeon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by xeon »

Tonbridge away .... yikes! That was poor.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Fair play to us and Exeter, after last pre season.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game against Exeter, but looking back it was poor form. These matched should be competitive, but still in essence a kick around. That went way beyond that.

Exeter could have said thanks but no thanks. So good work from the two clubs to move forward. Hopefully a Plymouth friendly should be added to the list as well.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

xeon wrote: 19 May 2024, 11:12 Tonbridge away .... yikes! That was poor.
Poorer than Weston away?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 19 May 2024, 16:48 Poorer than Weston away?
Plenty of poor games to choose from but for me Torquay delivered their worst performance of the season against Tonbridge. The day was a rout as the 4-1 defeat to the Angels came dangerously close to becoming a free-for-all as those in blue and white scythed our defence open at will. Had we not had such a dire season more time would have been spent on pondering how we managed to be so toothless and spineless in this match..
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Totally agree Mellow. I was at the game with several members of my family. It was a complete embarrassment from start to finish.
I never want to witness anything like that again.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Also Tiverton away 3rd Aug 3pm
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Anyone know of any my good games we had lol
Quiet impressed with the last game to be fair esp, “that goal”

Hope your reading this messers Wotton/Warnock

Although I think your probably aware of the task in hand.