Evans for Rotherham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

exilegull wrote:I'm not so sure this is a good thing. There was clearly a lot of unrest behind the scenes at Crawley that have been affecting performances for some time - ok they recently won 3 in a row but they were games they were expected to win but their last 2 games have been a draw with a terrible Burton side and a scraped point at home to an albeit decent Crewe side. However they clearly have a talented squad and this may remove behind the scenes distractions and galvanise the players.
You may well be right Steve, however I think the unrest was caused by the Crawley board pretty much forcing through the sales of Barrnet and Tubbs against the wishes of Evans, the recent up turn in form has largely been down the Gary Alexander who Evans brought in on loan, what's that lad going to think now.

Could this be a case of Alexander and a few other Crawley players are going to be following Evans to Rotherham if so it could upset thier form once again, time will soon tell.

Ggeneral point here, as Roar has said above Rotherham play Shrewsbury on Saturday, hiopefully thier players will lift thier performance levels to impress the new boss, could hopefully do us a real favour thier aswell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Good career move for Evans. Echoes of the Paul Buckle story. But will Evans receive as much opprobrium from Crawley supporters as was thrown at Buckle by Torquay fans? Although both managers obviously were released from contracts by their respective clubs, at least Buckle had the integrity to stick with the Gulls right through to the end of the season, reportedly not making a definite decision to quit Torquay until after the play-off final.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

This sort of sums Evans up. Whatever you think of Crawley (and for me it is very little but mainly because of Evans and Raynor) he is leaving them and their supporters and such a crucial time. From the outside it just shows the lack of morals and scruples he has. A bit like a certain manager we all know, who in essence did something similar to us a year ago.

Certainly, the animosity I have towards Crawley will transfer to Rotherham which is a shame as they are a proper traditional club with too much history to have it tarnished with him as manager.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Gullscorer wrote:Good career move for Evans. Echoes of the Paul Buckle story. But will Evans receive as much opprobrium from Crawley supporters as was thrown at Buckle by Torquay fans? Although both managers obviously were released from contracts by their respective clubs, at least Buckle had the integrity to stick with the Gulls right through to the end of the season, reportedly not making a definite decision to quit Torquay until after the play-off final.
Everyone knows Buckle had agreed to go before the play-offs even started.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Actually, had Buckle waited around a day or two, he could have had the Crawley job. Those two made for each other.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

To be fair to Rotherham fans, i still know some and grew up with a few, they aren't the total arseholes that a lot of Creepy fans are. OK they might be a bit puddled and not be able to communicate better than a macaque ( like myself ) but they are ok. Crawley and everything about them make me want to puke and with what i've got at the minute it won't help me to dwell on the thought for to long! :Z

Went past the new Millers stadium yesterday and it looks really amazing, a different design and a lot bigger than those clowns down the road from me at Chesterfield. Bye Bye Spireites, won't see you next season when we're in league 1! HAHA!

Incidentally, on the Bucks / Evans thing, as much as i despise Evans i would have done the same thing. If someone offered me a better job, more money and better prospects then i would take it. What Buckle did was underhand and his head was turned even before our season ended which knackered us. All i ask is that people are honest and if they are going to do something then just get on with it and not do secret deals and hidden talks and the rest of it. Men like Buckle who do this are not real men. Like Dave says, they are weasels ( apologies to them and other Mustelids ). :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

hector wrote: Everyone knows Buckle had agreed to go before the play-offs even started.
"Everyone knows...." Ah well, yes, why let the facts take precedence over what everyone knows..!!

Baying lynch mobs never had much regard for truth and reason.. :whistle:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

There are enough people on this board who have good enough contacts within the club that have verified this fact. Buckle had already agreed to go to Rovers before the play-offs.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer you have been very helpful to me of late, so I am in no way trying to have a go at you, however I do not think it was ever denied that Buckle and Baker went to the mem to disscuss Buckle becoming Rovers manager before our play-off semi final.

I dont think it has ever been denied that Buckle annouced to the squad prior to the final that was going,and intended to take a number of players with him, for that, you must understand that in some sections of our support he will never be forgiven, ever.

If you know this not to be the case, please bring what facts you know to this board.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't disagree with you, Forever. I must learn to read my posts before pressing that key too hurriedly! The point I was trying to make, and I admit don't always express myself clearly either, was that even though Buckle may have done a deal with Rovers beforehand, he did not quit the Gulls until after the play-off final.

As to when his decision to join Rovers was made, I prefer to hear it directly from the horse's mouth, i.e. the people directly concerned, as indeed I did from Buckle himself in interview (without remembering precisely what was said, my memory being what it is..). I am always doubtful of 'facts' coming from people 'who know people connected with the club', etc., it's rather like Chinese whispers, can get distorted.. Because nobody's perfect..!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Looking at the table, one can imagine a scenario where Rotherham sneak the last play-off place (4pts adrift at the moment) and face Crawley (or us). Evans against Crawley would be quite an interesting encounter.