Going into the final 3 games – the fight for promotion

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

I have just put money on shrews and crawley to win which with way my bets lately I have hopefully just made sure we get at least one result go our way. I have done my bit over to the lads lol
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

As much as we speculate - the results of all 3 teams remaining fixtures will probably not be predictable. If the best team always won, football betting would be the most popular job in the world. Someone will inevitably drop points - in 4th spot we have nothin to lose so hopefully will be pushing hard for 3 points in all 3 games. Let's just hope one of the others play a little more protectively and end up getting stunned :)
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Three 1-0's could get the job done...
Fascinating end to a ridiculously good season - we ain't going to second guess it
I do predict that this thread will be going after 5pm on Saturday!
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Am I right in thinking that Crawley still have three first team players suspended for their game at Dagenham? If so, I have a strong feeling they will drop points there. Dagenham are a better side than Northampton with superior recent form, and they are playing Crawley at home!

I'm also very confident that the Gulls, with their great away record, will do the business at Wimbledon and Hereford. Which means, to my mind, that it's Crawley who will be feeling the pressure more than Torquay.

The last three games are almost a de facto (if that's not a contradiction in terms) play-off scenario, except that instead of a penalty shoot-out the decider, if necessary, will be goal difference. So, assuming Crawley do indeed drop points, three wins, or even a draw and two wins, should do it for the Gulls. And as a back-up, the play-offs themselves.

That's two great chances for promotion in one season!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

That says it all really, so why am I sh/tting myself with worry?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

chippygull wrote:That says it all really, so why am I sh/tting myself with worry?

Because as I posted the other week (on thread about us 'assuming' we were up) as torquay supporters we have a nervous disposition when it comes to the gulls. We need to have a more positive attitude if we are to achieve our goals. Think how argyle, southend or rotherham supporters would be reacting in our situation.

Im hoping the switch round with crawley could take away a few nerves as we no longer have it all to lose but now have it all to gain. We need to try and vocally grab the team and drag us over the line. If we fully back the lads with chants for the next 270 mins of football from start to end. Think of the lift we could give the lads, even if you dont like a player put it aside and cheer on the shirt.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Sounds about right!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.