An idea

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote:Not for the forum, but general. I was thinking about this earlier on at work and the more I thought about it, the better it sounded (in my head - I expect their to be a flaw that means it isn't possible)..BUT..

What do you guys reckon to a charity game sometime in pre-season, where our current squad play against TUFC stars of the last decade or so? Kinda like the ones they do now, but against players who were 'legends' for us in the last 10 years or so..

I'm talking Russell, Woods, Taylor, Rosenior (as manager), Hill, Bedeau (lol), Hargreaves, Sills, McGlinchey. Obviously some of them have retired but for a charity game that I think would attract a good crowd, it would be a good thing to watch. Also the ex-players who have retired obviously won't have to play the full game.

I may just be talking nonsense and I'm waiting for one of you to tell me why it won't work, but yeah, what do you reckon?
Why the lol after Bedeau?! He's my all time favourite! Fuming....

=D
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

Louis wrote:Love the idea Nick and would be 100% behind this. I really enjoyed the dotnet vs exeweb charity game we did a few years back.
I remember this day well, good game off football in the snow :) it was also my 18th birthday the same day we played. (or was it my 19th? :/, my memory let's me down in my old age now) haha. but would definatly be behind this.

Louis, we need to arrange another forum match soon.

Matt
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

I too didn't understand the 'lol' after Bedeau. Perhaps after Oli Gottskalkson or JPS or Carl Motteram or Carl Priso; maybe even the great Jimmy Aggrey... but Beds was a good servant to the club for over 300 games, scoring 60 goals.

And as for Steve McCall, he must be at least 212 by now!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

sounds a great idea I'd happily come down to watch and give to charity at the same time. Also any possibility in a wee match between forums I'd be interested in playing if numbers/commitments allowed
DJAF
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

jonnyfive wrote:I too didn't understand the 'lol' after Bedeau. Perhaps after Oli Gottskalkson or JPS or Carl Motteram or Carl Priso; maybe even the great Jimmy Aggrey... but Beds was a good servant to the club for over 300 games, scoring 60 goals.

And as for Steve McCall, he must be at least 212 by now!

If this idea was given go ahead then I see jimmy fairly often so could ask him. I dont know how people would feel bout this but could maybe do this as mansells testimonial match? Could maybe play manse on the legends team (obv as captain) and make nicho current team captain for giggles
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

jonnyfive wrote:I too didn't understand the 'lol' after Bedeau. Perhaps after Oli Gottskalkson or JPS or Carl Motteram or Carl Priso; maybe even the great Jimmy Aggrey... but Beds was a good servant to the club for over 300 games, scoring 60 goals.
I am inclined to agree. Although he hardly set the world alight on his second spell here, he was a great player on his day.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I think it sounds great, as people say, a celebration for Bristows Bench and all for charity, maybe an auction where fans bid to be a part of the two teams.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I would probably be up for something like this, I missed out last time. Would need to play the last 10 minutes though, not sure my fitness can do 15 minutes any more (as the wife will tell you).
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Welcome to other ideas, but something like this would be really good. I hope Andrew Candy sees this thread..

As for the 'lol' after Bedeau, don't really know why I put it there, just never really thought he was very good.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

tufctillidie wrote: I remember this day well, good game off football in the snow :) it was also my 18th birthday the same day we played. (or was it my 19th? :/, my memory let's me down in my old age now) haha. but would definatly be behind this.

Louis, we need to arrange another forum match soon.

Matt
I will have to speak to the new exeweb team soon, or maybe pasoti this time?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

Louis wrote:I will have to speak to the new exeweb team soon, or maybe pasoti this time?
Sounds good Louis.

Maybe go for pasoti this time.

If i remember rightly, exweb were as dirty as sh1tty them selfs?

Be good to have a match with the pasoti lot.

Matt
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Id be up for this!

...playing preferably, not refereeing! :-D