Are we going up automatically?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm still confident we can pip Crawley to third place, albeit maybe being a bit optimistic. Crewe are on a great run of form, but so were Swindon when they came to Plainmoor, we beat them. As were Aldershot, we beat them.

I see no reason why we can't win on Saturday, granted it will be difficult, but Plainmoor is a tough place to come for visiting sides.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I know it's late in the day but why not give LRT a start instead of Stevens who has fizzled out badly the last few months. He is quick and fresh and we need something extra at the minute. Just a thought but i'm clutching at straws. I feel we need to get at Crewe from the off like we did at their place and put the pressure on. If we sit back and start slowly like we did in the Vale home game that i saw then Crewe could be out of sight with the confident youngsters they have in their team performing at the minute. If we go a goal down to Crewe then i'm not so sure we will be as fortunate in getting the win like we were against Vale. Like Cambgull says, Crawley have given us chances and if we had done our bit then we'd be there. I'm not so sure they are in the mood now to allow us in again. Gimme spice! ( and 3 points obviously! ).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We're not going to go up at all. Three games ago we were in a great position to go on and secure automatic promotion. But we failed to measure up, subconsciously capitulated and surrendered points. If my use of idiomatic language is correct, when it came to the crunch we didn't have the bottle. And we shall lose our last two games, Billy Bodin scoring the winner to put Crewe into the play-offs and ultimate promotion, and Hereford getting the three points needed to make them safe and send Barnet down with Macclesfield.

On the other hand, it doesn't have to be that way. The Gulls could man up with nerves of steel, to win our last two games convincingly as Crawley fall apart, or, if play-offs it be, put Barcelona to shame and win through past the final to put us into League One.

I've given up on predictions.. Gone fishing..
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Saturday -
Torquay 1 - 0 Crewe
Crawley 2 - 0 Hereford

Week Saturday
Hereford 0 - 2 Torquay
Acrrington 1 - 1 Crawley

Simple
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

I believe its still ours to lose. I just watched the Accrington and Hereford highlights - both teams playing okay at the moment and more than capable of taking points from Crawley (as Accrington did against Shrews at the weekend). We need 6 points and we all know we CAN do it. Whether we will or not is another matter - all good fun though!!!