Form going into Play-offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

We have to forget what has happened over the course of this season and just concentrate on the three* games ahead of us.

Our form over Cheltenham has been very impressive - they've only beaten us once in the last league 10 encounters - and that was way back in 2006.

It's not over yet!

*finger's crossed
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

When it comes to form there is only 2 results that matter your last and next results.

Your last cos you should learn from it and your next as you have to you respond to it.

As for the rest forget it not relevant
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wibble, if you can make a logical, reasoned, evidenced argument for 6 games being better than 10, you go right ahead.
I've coveted the other gaping chasms in your retort in my original post.

Regardless, form is temporary, class is permanent and over 46 games, we've been as near as makes no difference identically classy to Cheltenham, it's a coin flip.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

ferrarilover wrote:Wibble, if you can make a logical, reasoned, evidenced argument for 6 games being better than 10, you go right ahead.
I've coveted the other gaping chasms in your retort in my original post.

Regardless, form is temporary, class is permanent and over 46 games, we've been as near as makes no difference identically classy to Cheltenham, it's a coin flip.

Matt.

:lol:

are you sure it's ok for me to post my opinions on your forum Matt? :bow:

tell you what I'll agree with you if you call me Wibble Wobble? deal?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

wubbleu wubbleu wubbleu . wibble wobble . uk

ok ?

:nod: ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wubble U wrote:
:lol:

are you sure it's ok for me to post my opinions on your forum Matt? :bow:

tell you what I'll agree with you if you call me Wibble Wobble? deal?
Wasn't stated as an opinion though, was stated as fact, facts can be evidenced, it's that evidence I'm seeking.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Our form going into the play-offs is . . . . . .

. . . . . . not won in five games.

Time now to come through the next two games with a Wembley appearance and a WIN in that one to finish off the season. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Trojan 67 wrote:Our form going into the play-offs is . . . . . .

. . . . . . not won in five games.

Time now to come through the next two games with a Wembley appearance and a WIN in that one to finish off the season. :-D
Fair enough we havn't won in last 5 games so that would suggest we are in poor form, just imagine how Wrexham are feeling they finished 17 points ahead of Buckles latest project and got beat? That is harsh but thats the beauty of the playoffs, infact we did it to Shrewbury last year. The playoffs are a lottery, its anyones and form book goes out the window. I take the 2nd half at Hereford as a BIG positive, the game wont be won or lost on Sunday.
Lucy
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Form goes out of the window now. Apart from in Buckles case in his first year here - I'd imagine Lingy and Taylor will have the lads well and truly fired up for this.

Come away with a narrow 2-1 win on Sunday, followed by a 1-0 win at Plainmoor. Southend in the final, beat them 2-1. Easy. ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

friendlygas wrote:Going back to much earlier in this thread where somebody asked me as an outsider who did I fancy to go up. I think a great deal depends on who reaches the final.
I honestly think that you are capable of beating Cheltenham over two legs provided you don't capsize like saturday.If you come back to your ground with anything other than a greater thgan one goal defeat then I think you will win. In the final I think it will depend who wins the other semi final. If it is Crewe then i think you can go up however if it is Southend then I think they will go up and I base that on current form and I think they have the players up front capable of outscoring you.
One thing I would say YOU as supporters must go to each game CONVINCED you can win. Believe in your players because over the season they have done you proud. I would say your position has been against all the odds and as such you have shown on many occasions that you CAN win games 1-0 and come back strongly in games as you did against us. These factors could be VERY important in the cup finals ahead.
Thanks for your comments Friendlygas. If you'd like to become a fully-fledged Gulls supporter you'll be welcome.. :-D