Plymouth v Exeter

General chat about anything else goes here.
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

A good game for the "Ultra" fans, I didn't go, but unfortunately I reside in Plymouth.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

In a word : gutted.

It was only a short while ago that Devon only had one League side and that being a Championship one. In the greater scheme of things it's good for Devon football to have three League sides again.

That BSP playoff game was a bad enough kick in the nuts and to have the Sid James mob crowing over their latest win is another ballbag buster.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
sparky
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: none

Post by sparky »

NickGull wrote:Just thought exactly the same.

I didn't mind Argyle having the 'Pride of Devon' label, but City? I can't have that.

What has gone on at Argyle?!
Alrite get your tongue out of their asses.
sparky
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: none

Post by sparky »

dazgull wrote:Ive said it since they first appointed him that Peter Reid is the wrong man for the job and that he will be gone around xmas/new year. Struggling in the league and a couple of embarrasing home cup defeats wont help his cause....

Can you just imagine the thought of us going up in the playoffs and Argyle getting relegated... :lol:

And that's never going to happen...you're no where near good enough for league one.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And on the performance I saw yesterday, neither are you. ;-)

Thanks to my Argyle mate ian for allowing me the opportunity to experience the corporate side of this derby game. A really enjoyable event from the neutrals perspective, Exeter were outplayed from first to last by a spirited Argyle. I was impressed by how the Greens got behind their side who were obviously smarting from that defeat in the JPT.

City fans were very quiet and subdued throughout the game much like their team was for the ninety minutes.

Two cool finishes from the impressive BWP aided by a horrendous mistake from the City keeper who was replacing flapper Jones and proceeeded to play just like him.

I didn't see any signs of trouble throughout the game or when leaving Home Park, mainly due to a large Police presence no doubt.

i was made to feel very welcome by the Argyle fans who all expressed a keen interest in TUFC which was music to my ears. A few beers over a splendid meal, good company, and a passionate derby made for a good start to what proved to be a thoroughly enjoyable weekend away.

I ended up back in Exeter, courtesy of my good friend Ian Mancey and his family and was taken to a club in Heavitree with some more City supporting friends where I encouraged endless chants of "Green Army" from Ian's wife and the wife of Ian's lifelong friend. Embarrassed looks from Ian and his pal merely made me laugh that much louder and obviously more encouragement to the ladies to repeat said chanting.

A great weekend, proving that you don't need to be anything other than a lover of football to enjoy a wonderful time with like-minded people even if your team are not on the menu. Thanks to everyone for looking after me and to Exeter for providing me with the ammunition for some interesting banter, here's to plenty more of the same in the future.
Dave

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Sounds like you had a good time mate, has Ian said when the next 3G meeting is?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

This wednesday mate, was going to put up a thread for it but might as well add it to this, so if any other Gulls fan fancies an evening of football chat with Gargs and Greeks, it's at the Holiday Inn at Eastleigh on Wednesday. Always a good fun evening over a few beers with some very friendly rival fans.

Come join us, you'll be hooked in no time.
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Meeting up with our rivals!?!? We are supposed to hate them, not hang out with them ;-) ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We prefer to let them know who rules the roost :scarf:
Dave

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

scottbrehaut wrote:Meeting up with our rivals!?!? We are supposed to hate them, not hang out with them ;-) ;-)
Believe me, there are 1 or 2 that don't turn up any more since SG showed his "love" for them