Torquay United v Exeter City - now 15/01/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowmonkey wrote:LOL so you wont be drinking tonight then
LOL - you dirty Grecian you!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Them over on that exeweb thing are predicting 4-1's and 6-1's and things of the sort!
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread ... ead/page10

Would love it if we beat them - LOVE IT!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I am definately a dirty pessimist, every week my outlook is bleaker than all of the guys that I go to the games with, but this time, this one time, I am raring to go! Lets all walk into Plainmoor tonight thinking of the Gillingham game, rather than Wimbledon. That was probably the one game this season that has shown the quality that lies dormant in this squad, Exeter are expecting to roll over us, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't ever feel good about a Torquay game in which we're not the underdog. A well timed goal for someone like Nath, Niall or Billy could really give them some confidence and turn them into a yellow hero.

I can't wait to get on the pop and get singing tonight, lets show those Grecians how we do it in the bay.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Is it being shown live on sky?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Don't think so. Only the away game
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

I predict a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 win. I cant see it but im predicting it. Were due a penalty, its been a while. Come on!
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Think we'll lose if i'm being honest! Doesn't mean i'm not hoping we win of course, we are due some jammy luck.

10-0 Torquay.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No worries for this game, a 3-1 win and we'll be 2-0 up at half time before conceding again in the last few minutes but we'll then kill them off at the death scoring a 90th minute goal of our very own whilst they get caught pushing for the leveller. We'll them chuck in a shocker at home to Chesterfield on saturday before going to Sid James the week after and mullering them on their own patch. :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Plymgull wrote:Think we'll lose if i'm being honest! Doesn't mean i'm not hoping we win of course, we are due some jammy luck.

10-0 Torquay.
That'd be nice.

Seriously though, a 4-1 win would be cracking, absolutely cracking. A big win tonight would hopefully kick start the season..
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thats the spirit Smiffy!! I've put £2 on City and I'm cursed at this betting lark so heres hoping!

I've got a good feeling, for some reason. Just hope the atmospheres good and if the lads go down the corner, lets hope we can actually hear them instead of just hearing the City fans..
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Richinns wrote:Them over on that exeweb thing are predicting 4-1's and 6-1's and things of the sort!

Loving the Keegan impression - and I hope it was intentional.

My reaction if we lose 6-1:

[youtube]31g0YE61PLQ[/youtube]
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Richinns wrote:Them over on that exeweb thing are predicting 4-1's and 6-1's and things of the sort!

a few of them buggers on there is a bit arrogant aint they. :slap: I hope we go for the bloody jugular for once and give them the pasting they deserve. let the boys off their lead ling and lets show em whos the number one team in devon. :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Was really hoping to go tonight but I'm curled up on sofa with hot water bottle feeling sorry for myself. On duty here tonight instead. Heard the ECFC chants walking up town earlier. Lets send them back up the a380 in tears!

Yellow army!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Comon you yellows!Really hoping manse and the boys are getting up for this.GET IN TO THEM....
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Shame about Niall. This might be the sort of game he would come to life and take on a defender or two.

If we get going the first 10 and attack them from the start I can see us winning this