Ruari Keating

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Following on from the post by Southampton gull, another string to Ruari's bow is the amount of cover he offers to his full back, a largely unreported quality, I think that was why Wynter had such a hard time on Saturday.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 11:54 He was also outstanding in the air, can't remember him losing one high ball.
We looked vulnerable at corners on Saturday, a lot of which was down to the absence of Keating and Hall after they went off.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Gary Johnson no less said it was complete accident clash of heads.

He thanked Diarra for visiting the United dressing room to ask about Ruairi.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

What a magnificent pass that was from Ruairi
Pass of the season - if that was on Match of the Day they would be all over it. Hope he recovers soon.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Best wishes RUARI,
can't wait to see you back in the yellow army next season,
My son and I will be there to cheer you on again. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Keating has been an unsung hero this season. That pass for Reid was inch perfect. His contribution and work rate have been first class. He's matured into an effective and valuable player. Well done Ruari and I look forward to him stepping up another gear next season.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Rauri must be one of the longest serving players now!

It has been a bit of a slow burner, his workrate, enthusiasm and commitment have never been in question ( occasionally a bit too enthusiastic for referees) but under a decent management team he seams to be blossoming.

I seem to remember he was recommended to us by someone in football but I can’t remember who?

Think we may have a jewel of a player on our hands next season, we’ll done Rauri
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I’m afraid I’m not as generous as GJ with regard to this.
Wokings manager was at our previous match the same week and would have observed Asa’ injury and the influence of Keatings crosses, passes etc. Keating an Hall both subbed in the first half as a result of OTT challenges add to that the sending off of you know who tells me physical challenges were an instruction and not an accident IMO
As a result at least out for one of the highlights of his career thus.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 10:26 I’m afraid I’m not as generous as GJ with regard to this.
Wokings manager was at our previous match the same week and would have observed Asa’ injury and the influence of Keatings crosses, passes etc. Keating an Hall both subbed in the first half as a result of OTT challenges add to that the sending off of you know who tells me physical challenges were an instruction and not an accident IMO
As a result at least out for one of the highlights of his career thus.
I agree with you. Woking’s manager clearly instructed his team to get Hall and Keating. Being a bit dense, Gerring followed his instructions in a blindingly obvious way. The final attack on Keating was a clear red, it was malicious. I hope Woking fall apart now. I can’t bring myself to wish them well, a cynical team.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

DWB wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 09:17 Rauri must be one of the longest serving players now!

It has been a bit of a slow burner, his workrate, enthusiasm and commitment have never been in question ( occasionally a bit too enthusiastic for referees) but under a decent management team he seams to be blossoming.

I seem to remember he was recommended to us by someone in football but I can’t remember who?

Think we may have a jewel of a player on our hands next season, we’ll done Rauri
Just show's the difference a properly good manager can make.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 10:36 I agree with you. Woking’s manager clearly instructed his team to get Hall and Keating. Being a bit dense, Gerring followed his instructions in a blindingly obvious way. The final attack on Keating was a clear red, it was malicious. I hope Woking fall apart now. I can’t bring myself to wish them well, a cynical team.
Yes I agree, I think Woking are hoping with both of them out ? Or at least just keating out may be one of the next 4 games with just a small team could open the door for them. I hope Not and I do hope thay don't make it in play offs.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think he must laugh at the number of different ways his name is spelt - it's RUAIRI - don't agree the fouls were malicious -watch the slow mo
replays on the Woking TV highlights , Gerrings challenge is typical Gerring - clumsy , and he did go for the ball
And I don't think anyone would deliberately head someone's cheekbone, no arms or elbows involved.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Good to see Ruairi enjoying the celebrations with everybody today. He was in full flow, well done that man.