Play-off Winners?!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 20:15 I’ll second that
Fair do's , I really admire all of the commitment you 'exiles' put into the TUFC cause, keep up the good work .
Coyy :scarf:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Re Concord, Mellow

They are not the only team in the NLS not to have 500 seats, Gloucester and Chippenham both have less and would not have been eligible for the play offs. Ironically if they had won the league and secured automatic promotion they would have been given time to upgrade their ground! As it stands, I understand that all clubs in this league will have to have 500+ seats by March 2021 or suffer automatic relegation regardless of where they finish. It might seem an excessive amount considering the average attendances at these clubs, but those are the rules for everyone.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

What we have to remember is that the rules & regulations are set out before a ball is kicked at the beginning of the season, so if you wish to take part in the league you agree to these rules.
It's no good whingeing about fairness or unfairness the rules impact on your season successes.
Tough luck Concord you pays your money you takes your choice.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 21:35 What we have to remember is that the rules & regulations are set out before a ball is kicked at the beginning of the season, so if you wish to take part in the league you agree to these rules.
It's no good whingeing about fairness or unfairness the rules impact on your season successes.
Tough luck Concord you pays your money you takes your choice.
Oh yes....
Remember Stevenage..... :whistle: :rules:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

So the Play Offs only involve 5 Clubs.

Woking
Welling
Chelmsford
Bath
Wealdstone.

Final 12th May
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

When I saw that Concorde weren't allowed promotion I thought that Billericay would be moved up to the play offs. But they're not. What a shame!!!! The club we thought would be the biggest threat to us this season and not even in the play offs. Serves them right for their time wasting at Plainmoor.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Bath City 0 Wealdstone 1 Half Time. 1st Play Off Match.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Well, we won't be playing Bath next year. Lost 3-1, which sets up Woking v Wealdstone on Sunday. By the looks of things their keeper suffered a horrific injury from Ryan Brunt and had to be rushed to hospital as well.
Arelbee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Arelbee »

I was at the game tonight. Bath started very slowly and Wealdstone looked like the good side they showed to beat Plainmoor. At 0-2 Brunt made a horror challenge on the keeper and should have been shown two reds for it! I was later told by a Wealdstone fan that the keeper had skin hanging from his face. He did not move for several minutes and was thenstretchered off ~ an ambulance came to the ground. The 10 men then scored a lucky deflected looping goal and the final 10 minutes was frantic though Ryan Clarke managed to gift a third just before the end.

Wealdstone celebrated with 323 fans as if they’d just won the league _ they were also the walking wounded at the end.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a criminal (or civil) charge against Brunt - it was sickening..... and although not important, Bath played better without him. Total crowd 2200 ~ Bath outsung all match!

So Woking next - and they’ve beaten them twice already this season.......
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I just hope Wealdstone have a decent back up goalie.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Brunt was horrible against the Gulls at Twerton Park. Cheating scumbag.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Lets hope that the Wealdstone keeper is not too badly injured, i was impressed with them when we played them at home, really tough team, good luck to them against Woking
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Wrexham 0 Eastleigh 1 last night so Wrexham will commence their 12th year in Non League.
Gate was over 6,700.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Nothing illustrates better how difficult it is to get out of this division than Wrexham's plight.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Now joined by Notts County. Some ‘big’ names coming to Plainmoor next season!!