Torquay.v.Dagenham Tue. 24/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

We were due a bad performance and this was it - certainly our worst at home this season as far as I'm concerned but what the heck, we won, gained another valuable three points, kept another clean sheet and have edged that bit closer to the top three!

Also looking on the bright side, if there were scouts there, as rumoured, looking at Eunan ... they couldn't fail to have been unimpressed!!! :lol:

All good ....
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes nonsense to sugest that tiredness had anything to do with it. Was quite suprised that Ling bought back Howe - he might as well not have bothered.
A truly awful game but quite enjoyable anyway as we won again. Our strength is built on our two centre halves (where would be now if Saah had not been injured and Ellis had not got in the team) and O'Kane and Mansell in the middle.
We could do with a forward to replace Morris who is truly terrible and is probably slower than I am.
D and R look certainties to go down on that showing . The ref was a tosser.
Did the peformance really matter? - I don't think so - we won yet again.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Forgot to say that I heard a rumour that Jake Robinson is traing with us at the moment
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Yes nonsense to sugest that tiredness had anything to do with it. Was quite suprised that Ling bought back Howe - he might as well not have bothered.
A truly awful game but quite enjoyable anyway as we won again. Our strength is built on our two centre halves (where would be now if Saah had not been injured and Ellis had not got in the team) and O'Kane and Mansell in the middle.
We could do with a forward to replace Morris who is truly terrible and is probably slower than I am.
D and R look certainties to go down on that showing . The ref was a tosser.
Did the peformance really matter? - I don't think so - we won yet again.
brucie - I would like to know what you now think about Ling?

I will admit I was furious when we appointed him - how wrong I was!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I don't think anyone watching that game last night could say hand on heart that Howe should have started / should start on Saturday.

He needs a few more appearances off the bench to get match sharp I feel, summed up by his dithering on the ball when he should have shot just before coming off.

On the plus side, Atieno looked lively and up for it when he came on and I think "raffled their defence good pwoppa!". :clap:

Atieno to start on Saturday please.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Brucie i would disagree with you about Morris....thought he played ok...and considering we dont have Bodin ..i think he is filling in well...
Rene to be fair and was heard by him shouting to his teammates " give me something to work with" was being rarely fed decent balls and like all have said most had an off day...except mansel and danny...and possibly ellis and robertson...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I thought Morris had an off day last night but I thought he was excellent against Macc and Morecambe in the previous two games. He wasnt the only one to have abit of an off day either to be fair to him.

I thought we were poor compared to previous weeks but we won and managed to get through it and thats the most important thing. Hopefully that was just a one off and we can get back to our recent performances against Northampton who I personally think will give us more of a gam than there league position suggests theyve got some good players and will certainly cause some problems is were not in form.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I didn't post a match report last night simply because I didn't have enough time and I had to be up early in the morning. I will however give a small summary.

Last night was poor, but I believe it was just an off night. It seemed that we fell to Dag & Red's level, just hoofing the ball up to Rene and hope he gets the ball down and look for a pass. That didn't work and Rene looked off the pace. If I'm honest I think we should have started with Tai, but when he came on he did nothing. I think the only two players that did pretty well was Manse (my MOTM also) Robbo and maybe Danny. The rest were off the pace and fell down to Dag & Red's level. Thank goodness that Mansell scored because if he didn't I think the result would of been 0-0. The officials last night were poor also.

The highlight of the night for me was too see a Dag & Red player appeal for offside when Morris took a throw in to Eunan :lol:

Anyway no more moaning! We got the three points and 5 points of top, we are in dreamland! Hopefully it's another 3 points of Saturday and hopefully a better performance.

Onwards and upwards! COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Just seen the highlights on BBC - looked a scrappy game, but at least we were first to the loose balls on most occassions. Great finish by Manse and looked like we had a few other presentable chances that if one had sneaked in we might've pushed on and got a big score.

I know watching this selected 2 minutes is no comparison to being at the game, but if we played as badly as all reports are saying and we still create chances, keep a clean sheet and win it can't be bad!
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Just seen the highlights on gullsplayer and would echo what Bigman's sentiments.

We might have been poor but we had all the chances and on another day may well have scored 4.

Nicholson just over
Howe kicked against his own leg with a virtual open goal
Great save from Stevens breakaway.