Chesterfield v Torquay United Monday 3 May KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Its a must-win for N County tomorrow night otherwise they run a real risk of missing out on the play-offs. However, Brucie is right, the plastic pitch will have at least as great a say...
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

So if we lose the last 4 games the lowest we can finish is 4th!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

According to the BBC westcountry news just now, it was 'a bad day at the office' for Torquay as they apparently lost 2-0 at Chesterfield!
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

BBC Spotlight has as much affinity with sport as ISIS does with Christianity.
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

Modgull wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:03 Its a must-win for N County tomorrow night otherwise they run a real risk of missing out on the play-offs. However, Brucie is right, the plastic pitch will have at least as great a say...
It would, but Sutton are away to Notts County and we are home to Bromley, so it won’t for these two crucial games.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Would they ever make that mistake with Argyle ( or even Exeter City ) or even the much lauded Plymouth Raiders basket ball team though. ? Of course not ! - they probably thought it was the fun thing to do. Let's be honest - they absolutely loath us.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

How much of a different game would it have been if the one cleared off the line had gone in?
Who cares lol
Did I hear Chesterfield were advertising tickets for their final match of the season?
If that’s the case I wonder what TQY’s plans are?
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

I think the fragile squad has been handled masterfully in the last month - well done Gary and team. Resolute and determined . Have given ourselves a great chance and our irrepressible performances will be grinding down the chasing pack’s self belief.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I just sent an email to Andy Birkett at BBC Spotlight and said " have BBC Spotlight lost it!!!"

This really is pathetic reporting even if it is a Bank Holiday!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Well done Portugull , it really is inexcusable
What a win that was ! Billy Waters is really hitting top form when it matters.
Slightly disappointing from Benji but he is not match fit and not a hold up player, it's obvious he needs balls into space to run on to , to do his damage. Really hope Warren is not too bad , maybe Lewis or Cameron could be back Saturday. Had to smile at our slowing the game down and at least a dozen times our players went down, that's the 'worst' I've ever seen from us but who cares , exactly what was needed and everybody else does it.
If Notts County can pull themselves together and get even a draw that would be a massive boost.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

portugull wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:47 I just sent an email to Andy Birkett at BBC Spotlight and said " have BBC Spotlight lost it!!!"

This really is pathetic reporting even if it is a Bank Holiday!
Just where do they get their information from? BBC website And TUFC website both had up to date scores. How can they be so incompetent?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

It's easy when they don't care less. I'm sure they will make some glib reference to it tomorrow.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

What a jolly trip home it will be, singing merry songs and sharing a big bag of toffees :goodpost: :lol: :lol: :) :clap: :-D :bow: :scarf: :whistle: :whistle:
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

grockle wrote: 03 May 2021, 19:50 Just where do they get their information from? BBC website And TUFC website both had up to date scores. How can they be so incompetent?
Apologies given on 10.20pm news.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'd not seen that but seriously - reporting we had lost 2-0 is a complete embarrassment, its absolutely pathetic.