Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Clutching at straws, but if Dorking win at Gateshead tonight and Gateshead lose at Boreham Wood & Woking they might not be safe when they play Maidenhead last game, which would help. Unless they know a draw would see them both safe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

standupsitdown wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 16:39 Clutching at straws, but if Dorking win at Gateshead tonight and Gateshead lose at Boreham Wood & Woking they might not be safe when they play Maidenhead last game, which would help. Unless they know a draw would see them both safe.
I was looking at their run in, they might not be out of it just yet likewise with Dorking. The biggest worry is that Wrexham will relegate us, which would be hell. So many permutations, we’ll have a better idea by 10pm tomorrow 😬
IOW Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by IOW Gull »

Maidenhead needs to lose both their final games then that leaves them and Aldershot within our reaches.
Really don’t want them getting any points against Gateshead.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You have to factor in all the remaining fixtures. For a start York have Aldershot, they both can't win, York then finish away to Notts County, managers have long since learned the lesson of messing with their team line up's, losing momentum going into play 0ff campaigns.

Gateshead, play Dorking they both can't win , and finish home to Maidenhead they both can't win, Dorking finish home to Scunthorpe you'd expect Dorking to get something from that match, the point to all that is, from Dorking on 52 points up, will almost certainly be safe by default because of the nature of everyone's remaining fixtures.

Yeovil will certainly be officially relegated tomorrow evening. The final relegation place is between York, Aldershot, Maidenhead and Torquay and no one else.

Of course first and foremost we have to win our own games, however the pivotal match is Wealdstone v Aldershot , we need the Shots to lose this game, then a loss at Chesterfield wouldn't be fatal, as long as the team win at Altrincham Saturday .
Formerly known as forevertufc
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

IOW Gull wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 19:03 Maidenhead needs to lose both their final games then that leaves them and Aldershot within our reaches.
Really don’t want them getting any points against Gateshead.
Yes I think Maidenhead are the team we are most likely to catch but it will help if Gateshead still need points when they play them last game of the season.
Likewise Altringham at Aldershot.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I can't see Gateshead or Dorking getting dragged back into things, both clubs form has been superb, fair play to both of them, Dorking never been at this level but a credit to the league, and Gateshead have battled against the odds, got to the Trophy final, and recently won 7 on the spin?, with Newcastle United on their doorstep, playing in an athletics arena, it can't be easy,but I take my hat off to both clubs, I heard Mark Cooper being interviewed on Saturday saying Yeovil are down, so he knows and admits that, although technically they aren't, last relagation spot is between Gulls, Aldershot,York and Maidenhead, no one else now, I think 50points will get safety.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 20:58 I can't see Gateshead or Dorking getting dragged back into things, both clubs form has been superb, fair play to both of them, Dorking never been at this level but a credit to the league, and Gateshead have battled against the odds, got to the Trophy final, and recently won 7 on the spin?, with Newcastle United on their doorstep, playing in an athletics arena, it can't be easy,but I take my hat off to both clubs, I heard Mark Cooper being interviewed on Saturday saying Yeovil are down, so he knows and admits that, although technically they aren't, last relagation spot is between Gulls, Aldershot,York and Maidenhead, no one else now, I think 50points will get safety.
I think it will need more than 50 points.
For that to be safety mark with us having the worst goal difference, it would need one of York or Maidenhead to lose both of their games or Aldershot to pick up only one point.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

standupsitdown wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 21:46 I think it will need more than 50 points.
For that to be safety mark with us having the worst goal difference, it would need one of York or Maidenhead to lose both of their games or Aldershot to pick up only one point.
I wouldn’t bet against one of those coming true, most likely Maidenhead. We may need a positive swing on GD on them though if they pick up 0/1 pts.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

So now we need to win both games and hope that one of York or Maidenhead fail to win either of theirs or Aldershot lose both theirs.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

standupsitdown wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 22:24 So now we need to win both games and hope that one of York or Maidenhead fail to win either of theirs or Aldershot lose both theirs.
Or 4 pts with one of York or Maidenhead failing to win both
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Admiral wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 22:28 Or 4 pts with one of York or Maidenhead failing to win both
One of them would have to lose both games if we only get 4 points.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

If we win on Saturday we’ll need Maidenhead to lose at home to Barnet and probably York to lose at home to Aldershot. York go to notts on the final day. Tonight was damaging for morale as well as the mathematics of staying up. Win on Saturday and we’re still kicking but I just can’t see us getting anything from Wrexham even if we do. Shame about the GD.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 00:01 7CCAAF91-7838-4834-8ABA-A0B952BE9AD5.jpeg

Remaining fixtures:

— Tues 18th
Chesterfield (3rd) v TORQUAY
Wealdstone (12th) v ALDERSHOT

— Sat 22nd
Altrincham (15th) v TORQUAY
MAIDENHEAD v Barnet (5th)
YORK v ALDERSHOT

— Sat 29th
TORQUAY v Wrexham (1st)
Gateshead (16th) v MAIDENHEAD
Notts County (2nd) v YORK
ALDERSHOT v Altrincham (15th)

All of Aldershot’s games are ‘winnable’. York’s GD is far superior and we may need them to do us a favour against Aldershot depending on how Tuesday goes. For me it’s Maidenhead that look the most likely out of the teams we’re chasing.
UPDATED
625673A5-A790-45EB-85B2-9C8FC97E1E95.jpeg
— Sat 22nd
Altrincham (15th) v TORQUAY
MAIDENHEAD v Barnet (5th)
YORK v ALDERSHOT

— Sat 29th
TORQUAY v Wrexham (1st)
Gateshead (16th) v MAIDENHEAD
Notts County (2nd) v YORK
ALDERSHOT v Altrincham (15th)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I’ve thought all along that home to Wrexham who have already won the league would be a more likely win that chesterfield away. I think we can still win both of our games but am not so sure about any of the other teams dropping enough points.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 23:15 I’ve thought all along that home to Wrexham who have already won the league would be a more likely win that chesterfield away. I think we can still win both of our games but am not so sure about any of the other teams dropping enough points.
Agree.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468